Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote on allowing drums/goal music?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We will also need an over zealous **** on the pa system SCREAMING goal scorers names and urging us to get behind the lads in a hysterical voice before the kick off. What's not to like??
Haven't we already got one of those already ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
definately...anything that improved the library will be great

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Nothing says tin pot more than goal music or a band. It's a slippery slope leading to England or Portsmouth levels of irritation. And it's a one way trip with no way back once you are swallowed up by it.

your little icons clap in time to Pool Hall Richard The Faces

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Drum is much better than goal music. Goal music is not compatible with singing and makes up for no atmosphere but drums work with singing and help unite the singing as one. Works in rugby league IMO. And the North Stand needs to sing as one tbh.

SAC

May 21, 2014
There is no need for goal music, it is one of the only times the whole stadium wakes up.

I don't mind a drum so long as it isn't too close to me (NIMBY). If enough people sing in time to it, the drum shouldn't be heard it should just be there to keep everyone in time (the people who don't hear the drum keep in time with those who can). It worked for me when I did dragon boat racing!

Worth a try for a few matches and see what happens. Seems to work for Derby.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Drum is much better than goal music. Goal music is not compatible with singing and makes up for no atmosphere but drums work with singing and help unite the singing as one. Works in rugby league IMO. And the North Stand needs to sing as one tbh.

With you there, always resisted even thinking about a drum at games, but the singing at the Amex is just too fast!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Paul Camillin says that the club don't have a view on the matter.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?312618-A-North-Stand-drum
Interesting. Seems that a drum at The Amex is becoming more "when" rather than "if"... NB By saying leave it to the "collective" the club are basically sanctioning the NSK to have a drum.

I am massively anti the crappy faux Euro stuff but if a drum helps along our traditional atmosphere (TBBAWA, Great Escape, Clap,Clap,ClapClapClap,ClapClapClap,BRIGHTON! etc etc) then it will be a good move. The danger is that the drummer will love the faux Euro stuff and try and turn us into York City.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
No No No No No No No No, would stop me coming after 50 years, football is no place for drums or goal music, I am sure if we had a vote it would be a No, so bring on a vote. Martin Perry would resign as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goal music is still tinpot. Very surprised to hear it for Norwich's goals.

Drums? Oh do **** off

No No No No No No No No, would stop me coming after 50 years, football is no place for drums or goal music, I am sure if we had a vote it would be a No, so bring on a vote. Martin Perry would resign as well.

A nsc vote would be no,but a season ticket vote would be yes!
The Albion have been dancing to the minority zealots for far too long and the amto crisis is the result!:moo:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
A metronome would be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here