Leon Knight!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I reckon we should put a bid in for him now as i have a gut feeling he will be excellent here and if so then his price will go up and others will pursue him.

TIME TO ACT BEFORE WE BALLS UP!:drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :smokin:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Sods law says we'll sign him up now and he wont be able to hit a barn door. Hmm, wasnt there a thread for sods law?

That said, I do agree with you Berks, I think he will do a grand job for us

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Whats contracts these days as they mean nothing!
He has banged shit loads in this division before and is still young,but still can't believe we have 1 proper striker who scores and he is on loan.:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I don't think we'll buy him as we don't have any money for his wages, etc. The only reason I can see him coming, is if Chelsea want to sell him, and no other clubs go in for him. Here's hoping though!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
There is money there i no it grrrrrrr!
Also we now copps has the money to bring in loan players,so lets hope we get another 1 or 2 strikers very soon or we are fu-ked.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Well he said that he wouldn't mind moving here if he gets on with us etc etc. Maybe we have tentatively spoken about a fee with Cheski already - a fee that is agreeabke to both parties - (ie) not much!!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Well im sure chelsea will want a squad full of world class players in which will help us i hope.:lolol:

I think we should hold on until he's played a few more games. I'm hoping he will partner McPhee tonight. 1st game I've seen since last season, so am really excited. Was getting withdrawel symptoms.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I have a Chelski mate who's gutted we have Knight, even with his wealth of riches he thinks Knight would have served Chelski well and wants him back at the end of the loan period.

HE IS QUALITY.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Wednesday fans didnt rate him but then they were really shit last season and even Van Nis wouldve struggled to get 10 with them.

Wednesday played him out of position, so it's there own fault. He played really well for Huddersfield when he was played in his favourite position, so I reckon he will be the man for us!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thought I read somewhere that he wants a run out here before he decides if it's what he wants. This was brought on by his season long loan at Sheff Weds which turned into a bad move
that he couldn't get out of.

Could be wrong but maybe he doesn't want to sign for us yet.

I thought he looked really sharp against Yeovil and if he is still not firing on full cylinders the potential is superb. Just need someonr tall to complement him (not tell him he looks nice complement, but to aide his effectiveness on the football field!):)

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
BrightonBird said:
I don't think we'll buy him as we don't have any money for his wages, etc. The only reason I can see him coming, is if Chelsea want to sell him, and no other clubs go in for him. Here's hoping though!

Not true. Coppell has at least 100K for wages/transfers. Although he has said he'd prefer it to go on wages.

There is also the 80K we made available for Steve Sidwell. (Although that's probably disappeared now :()

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Well if coppell approached peterbrough about mckenzie then surely there must be a good 400k to buy a player.
You can't tell me that copps was exspecting him for 100k.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hey Pete, how was the journey back? Sorry if I pissed you off Sat, was a bit tipsy.

Knight's certainly done well in the two friendles up until now, if he carries on scoring during the season it'll be impossible to not sign him really.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Pissed me off don't be daft as i was very mellowed all night and pretty quiet for once grrr.
Went back to cousins mates til 6am which was a crack!

You didn't miss the bus then:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
On teletext it says SC wants to sign him but we have to wait and see if he likes it at Brighton - seems like that is the only problem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports