Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Ticketmaster

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Make sure you go to the gig otherwise the CEO will send you a very long winded email and stop your loyalty points.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Agreed.

There still needs to be a safe website where you can resell/buy tickets without the risk of them being fake. Always tickets for sale on Facebook/Twitter/etc, but with printouts how can you be sure. Obviously not with the rip off charges like Viagogo.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

It’s not so much the charges as the prices being charged by the sellers (which must include Ticketmaster). It should be illegal to charge more than the original price and should be made easier to return tickets within a reasonable timescale for those that genuinely can’t attend a concert (probably about 1% of the tickets on sale on Get Me In etc).

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That's called a business.

More like greed.

If you pay by cash for tickets at Brighton Dome in person there is no charge at all and the ticket is sold at face value. An example of a business that is not intent in ripping people off.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In reality they are not. Part of their service is to take the ‘hit’ in terms of bad publicity. It’s the agents, promoters and managers who dictate the prices and drip release of tickets and who take the majority of the profit.

Ummmm. With most of the world's highest-grossing tours (U2, Beyonce etc), Ticketmaster* ARE the promoters.

* Parent group Live Nation.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
That's called a business.

More like greed.

If you pay by cash for tickets at Brighton Dome in person there is no charge at all and the ticket is sold at face value. An example of a business that is not intent in ripping people off.
Limited choice though.....cash in person at the venue. Taking time and money out to travel to the venue.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ummmm. With most of the world's highest-grossing tours (U2, Beyonce etc), Ticketmaster* ARE the promoters.

* Parent group Live Nation.

Maybe 'promoters' was the wrong label. The management of these acts will understand and push for as many 'dirty tricks' as possible including the drip release of tickets, huge postage & packaging fees, huge processing fees etc; they get all the extra money, not the ticket agent. The beauty of Ticketmaster is that they act the 'bad guy' for their client and happily accept the bad PR. As you can see from this thread, this techniques works perfectly for the management and their clients (talent).

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Anybody else had an email this week regarding a security breach at Ticketmaster??

Data security incident by third-party supplier

On Saturday, June 23, 2018, Ticketmaster UK identified malicious software on a customer support product hosted by Inbenta Technologies, an external third-party supplier to Ticketmaster.

As soon as we discovered the malicious software, we disabled the Inbenta product across all Ticketmaster websites.

As a result of Inbenta’s product running on the Ticketmaster UK website, some of our customers’ personal or payment information may have been accessed by an unknown third-party.

We are contacting you because you purchased, or attempted to purchase, tickets between February and June 23, 2018 and therefore may have been affected by the Inbenta incident.

Forensic teams and security experts are working around the clock to understand how the data was compromised.

We are working with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), as well as credit card companies, banks and relevant authorities.

What we are doing:
• Ticketmaster UK has established a dedicated website security.ticketmaster.co.uk to answer your questions about the Inbenta incident. You can also contact fan.help@ticketmaster.co.uk
• As a precautionary measure, all notified customers will need to reset their passwords when they next log into their accounts

We are offering impacted customers a free 12 month identity monitoring service with a leading provider. To request this service please visit this page.

We recommend that you monitor your account statements for evidence of fraud or identity theft. If you are concerned or notice any suspicious activity on your account, you should contact your bank(s) and any credit card companies.

Ticketmaster understands the importance of your personal information. We take the protection of that information very seriously and we are sorry to have to write to you in these circumstances.

Faithfully,

The Ticketmaster Team

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes got one.

Wasn't that impressed when looking to change my password the first question was what card is associated with this account, so backed out in case its a scam

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I’ve had to use this company as no choice sometimes. I always make sure I select the option so they don’t save my details. I’ve also recently closed my paypal account and a few others too. It’s a pain putting in card details every time and a billing adddress but I fear at some point one of these big companies is going to get hit.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Yeah I got it too but don't have a penny to my name anyway.... nothing for them to get!

Did anyone sign up for the free protection thingy?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Did anyone sign up for the free protection thingy?
- Yes, they send you a code for DataPatrol, once on the website they expect you to input all sorts of personal data, passport number, credit card and bank account details etc., erm No! Ticketmaster services being hacked is bad enough, but they will not be able to fully guarantee that they are 100% safe either. I did not proceed with the registration.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here