Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Cup final against Huddersfield?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
All we have to do is play like we have done in the last 4 home games and we will win , I don’t get people building Huddersfield up , our last 2 away performances up there were awful , they were awful down here last season , and we have improved so much as a team at home

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Wagner has done so well there, but we should have enough to win at home. Just need to take the chances!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Think of all the positives of being in the Championship next year then it doesn't seem so bad....................................

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
More important than our game next weekend is Stoke v Spurs, and Arsenal v Southampton, if neither strugglers pick up points, they are dead meat no matter what our result is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Huddersfield are nowhere near a bogey team for us. It often ends in a home win for either team, or draws.
We more often than not, get something at Selhurst too, so stop all this hype and nervousness which will transfer to the team.

This is an exciting run in, let's enjoy it rather than getting all het up over it. Christ Hughton hasn't lost four games in a row since he took over.

Stoke and Southampton will have to do extremely well to overtake us.

I said I would accept 17th at the beginning of the season, but I think we will do slightly better than that.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The only teams below us that look like getting any points are Palarse and WHU. Can't see many points for Stains with their run in. We could stay on 34 points and stay up, couple of draws may even do it. Lose and we're ****ed is not even on my radar.

I've said all season that we'd be relegated - and that was pretty much ok with me - but we can very well stay up with 34 points. Stoke need to pick up more than 7 points in 6 games, and Saints 6 in 6 and they have tough run-ins, which could we see them only get 3 or 4 points. Would be nice to win on Sat and get us well out of it though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We're fortunate pretty much all the results went in our favour over the weekend. Playing well and Leicester got lucky, keep the faith Hudds are there for the taking

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Please try that end of season prediction thingy. Doesn't matter how you do it, three teams always end up with 33 pts or less.
The difference in the 6 points difference over Huddersfield is three league positions, or put financially, £6million between 17th and 14th.
All that said, Hudders are probably planning on 1 point here and three at home to Watford before their last 4 defeats to big clubs chasing Europe. 35 points for them and 35 for us.

I did yesterday and have Stoke overtaking us on the last day of the season by beating a then safe Swansea. We get a draw v Huddersfield and no more so it was quite pessimistic but even so...still alarmed me a bit.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think we’ll get a point away at Palace, a win at Anfield, a win against United a point against Huddersfield and lose the rest., 8 more points and a comfortable mid table position.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think we’ll get a point away at Palace, a win at Anfield, a win against United a point against Huddersfield and lose the rest., 8 more points and a comfortable mid table position.

I’ve heard it all now , a point against us !

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I’ve heard it all now , a point against us !

I think it would be a reasonable result away from home, as much as it pains me to say it, you’re a better team than your position defines.
The league match at our place was a very even game, with neither team really threatening, although I wouldn’t bet against FFS popping up with a late winner for us just to prove we are his one true love !

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
It is not a must win game. The only thing that truly matters this coming saturday that we are 12th, 13th, and 14th man. The atmosphere quite literally needs to drip from the stands.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Big game for both teams, should be very nervy.

Probably a draw.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As it isn't a cup final in any literal sense, 'Cup Final' should have been enclosed in single speech marks in the thread title.

CM - educating illiterate thickos in a passive aggressive manner on NSC since 1997.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here