Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the strangest place you have ever slept?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
In a caravan on a building site in Selsey.
Nothing really strange about sleeping in a caravan, but the tread title does say... Where is the strangest place you have ever slept?
I thought Selsey was a very strange place.

In a Triumph Spitfire on the promenade in Nice with a girlfriend. We hadn't realised it was Bastille Day and all the hotels were full.

Bloody cramped it was too!

I wonder what happened to her? The car, that is, not the girlfriend. Well, maybe her as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Wales.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Forties Bravo Accommodation Extension.

Need more beds on your oil platform?

Just hang a new module over the backside of it, jobs a good 'un.

Yes it's a bit lower than the proper accommodation & on a rough night you will feel the North Sea slapping the underside, but hey, it hasn't come loose yet.

My first offshore trip October 1991. :lolol:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
1. 1985 Bus stop in Germany while hitchhiking to Berlin. Woke up in morning to find it full of morning commuters waiting for their bus. Snuggled back down inside my sleeping bag until the commuter rush had died down.

2. November 1980. Back of a lorry trailer in France whilst motorbiking down to Italy. Woke up just in time before trailer was hitched up to be driven off.

3. Same trip. Outside someone's remote gated manor house somewhere in the mountains of the Massif Central. Was just settled down for a relaxing sleep when the owner came out to warn me the area wasn't safe as it was full of "vagabonds" and wolves before disappearing back into the safety of his gated house. Didn't even have the courtesy to offer me a bed for the night. Remained where I was but slept with one eye open for the rest of the night.

4. 1979. Settled down for the night in a derelict double decker bus in Belgium strewn with used condoms and hypodermic needles. After a couple of hours we decided to look for something a bit more salubrious which led to.....

5. A few miles down the road we noticed a caravan parked in someone's driveway which looked quite inviting so parked the motorbike up and tried the door to find it was unlocked. As we were making ourselves at home I noticed the owners nervously peering out from behind their curtains of their house. I thought it only polite to inform them we were staying the night in their caravan if only to put their minds at rest so knocked on their door and told them. Good job I did because when the police turned up about half an hour later after noticing lights in the caravan I was able to tell them we had the owners' permission so they left us alone.

6. Circa 1982 following a festival. Ticket office of Farnham Railway station after missing last train home and noticing open skylight. Rudely awoken by the police who told us to find somewhere more suitable to sleep which led to....

7. Some random hotel room which we sneaked into without paying. Three of us in a double bed being awoken to find ourselves surrounded by same members of Farnham constabulary shining torches in our eyes uttering the immortal words, "oh look it"s the three bears again" which led to....

8. Farnham police cells where we had an undisturbed sleep and woken with a cup of tea in the morning in time to catch the first train home. No charges. Very tolerant and accomodating lot were Farnham's finest.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The roundabout outside the Elms pub in Worthing, I’d eaten a Chinese meal there, so, I was a bit tired, and it seemed like a good idea.

Standing up, leaning against a bus shelter on Worthing sea front. I was woken up by the OB.

An England game, on the wooden benches, at the old Wembley.

The common factor in all these events, was copious amounts of alcohol had been consumed.

Just remembered, Torquay Police Station Social Club floor,when the ship I was serving on, couldn’t get boats out to pick up the lads who had gone ashore, because of bad weather . The coppers didn’t want 150 drunken matelots breaking into beach huts, fishing boats etc, so they could sleep in the dry.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
8. Farnham police cells where we had an undisturbed sleep and woken with a cup of tea in the morning in time to catch the first train home. No charges. Very tolerant and accomodating lot were Farnham's finest.

I thought that when I got arrested by Sussex Police in the 1990's In Hastings. A very clean, warm, comfortable cell with a working toilet. A lovely cup of tea first thing in the morning from the very nice Gaoler, before being discharged, without charges, by a charming WPC.

The strange thing was I was every bit as drunk and incapable at 0800 in the morning when I was released as I was at 0230 when they arrested me outside the kebab shop.

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
Luggage Conveyor belt at George Bush Airport Texas.
Steve Martin & Martin Short stand up gig in Phoenix (was massively jet lagged and they were not funny at all).
Field in Haywards Heath before a football tournament after a heavy night out in London.
Double shower in a my hotel room after a night out in Vegas, I'd brought my pillows and quilt with me from the bed and then put the shower on to get warm. Dunno why I did it as I wasn't sharing a room with anyone, I was just very hammered.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Survival shelter in northern Norway at -28.
Back of a sea king.
Storm ditch at RAF Akrotiri after getting sh*t faced in the junior rates bar.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A sleep that didn’t quite happen - drove to the Scottish Highlands when I first got a driving licence at 17 with two mates. In the Cairngorms we were setting up our tent, when an aggressive gamekeeper pulled up in a Land Rover Defender, and carrying a shotgun told us to p*ss off. We obliged.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The patch of grass outside the Alliance Building Society in Hove. I couldn't be bothered to get home and as I started work at 8, I thought I'd get a head start. It was a Saturday (for overtime) so I wasn't in work clothes so no-one could be bothered by a few grass stains

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here