Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Overrated films?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Just because I've recently seen it and it's still raking in the money... Black Panther. Utterly dull, seen-it-before (or in the trailer) action scenes and characters I couldn't give a crap about.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Probably a topic for a new thread - 'Awful Remakes'. I'll nominate 'Get Carter'. Brilliant original, pants remake. Ditto The Wicker Man.

The Wicker Man remake is one of the most crucified films going. I'm a big fan of the original and strangely I don't mind the remake at all. Can't help wondering whether if it had been released as a standalone film (for argument's sake the original never having existed) whether its reception would have been quite so bad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Probably a topic for a new thread - 'Awful Remakes'. I'll nominate 'Get Carter'. Brilliant original, pants remake. Ditto The Wicker Man.

I haven't seen the remake of Italian Job, but I just thought the original was so good, why bother remaking it. I have seen some of the remake of Arsenic and Old Lace, which emphasises the idea, because the original was a masterpiece.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here