Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
An office classic has been sent around this afternoon:

'To all

Can you please wash your teaspoons - and any other cutlery that you use - after you have used them. It really doesn't take that long. It's not really worth any of us doing it if dirty ones get put in with the ones that have been washed up!'

I'm sure there are bigger problems in the world....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I like that phrase. If the boss asks me why I'm not doing anything on a Monday I will inform him that I am "transitioning into the working week".

:lolol: I like that thinking. I'm currently transitioning into the weekend

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Doubt it...she'll leave them there till they go black and attract flies, then eventually chuck the oozing, rotting things in @HKFS's bin.

At the office I used to work in there was a MASSIVE fat MINGER who did just this all the time. Not only did she bring in loads of fruit which gradually went off and then got thrown away but she did similar with "healthy" lunch foods such as cup a soups, Ryvita, tins of Weight Watchers branded stuff etc.

She would state to her equally annoying mate that "I've brought soup for lunch but I don't really fancy it" and proceed to order McDonalds or fish and chips or a huge bacon sandwich or a pie instead. Because these items didn't go off like the fruit, they stockpiled under her desk instead. There were piles of tins and boxes there and I'm 100% certain that they are still there now.

She was also the most nasty, spiteful person who I've ever had the misfortune of working with and would slag EVERYONE off behind their backs, seemingly oblivious to the fact that we all knew this. A deeply strange and troubled individual who one might have felt sorry for if she wasn't such a total ****.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Lass in credit management, newly wed. Doesn't shut up about her wedding (6 months ago), then slags her husband off all the time.

Then moans about the amount of caleries in her homemade soup.

Every ****ing day.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Oh, another guy - credit management. Literally laughs at everything, anything and everything is a joke worth laughing at... gotta be buddies with everyone and laugh at everything.

I help manage our company's liquidity requirements, that's a joke every day "we know who to go to if we dont get paid".

Hilarious!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lass in credit management, newly wed. Doesn't shut up about her wedding (6 months ago), then slags her husband off all the time.

Then moans about the amount of caleries in her homemade soup.

Every ****ing day.

Oh, another guy - credit management. Literally laughs at everything, anything and everything is a joke worth laughing at... gotta be buddies with everyone and laugh at everything.

I help manage our company's liquidity requirements, that's a joke every day "we know who to go to if we dont get paid".

Hilarious!!

Credit Management in your firm sounds like a right bundle of fun.......................:smile:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
74d5a7206bdfabd5d6eb797cca3796a6.jpg

:lol: I am unsure I am qualified to determine who, or who was not, suspicious looking when eating yoghurt. If it was a particular flavour being nicked then that would narrow the field of investigation and a police report could be filed - "At 3.15 p.m on Monday 4 September a suspicious looking person was seen to be in possession of a raspberry flavoured yoghurt....."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:lol: I am unsure I am qualified to determine who, or who was not, suspicious looking when eating yoghurt. If it was a particular flavour being nicked then that would narrow the field of investigation and a police report could be filed - "At 3.15 p.m on Monday 4 September a suspicious looking person was seen to be in possession of a raspberry flavoured yoghurt....."

Need to work on the office culture perhaps ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
An office classic has been sent around this afternoon:

'To all

Can you please wash your teaspoons - and any other cutlery that you use - after you have used them. It really doesn't take that long. It's not really worth any of us doing it if dirty ones get put in with the ones that have been washed up!'

I'm sure there are bigger problems in the world....

I'm sure in some people's eyes this would make me a bell cheese but I was manager of a mid sized office many years ago, just as the craze for bringing in elaborate meals, making of exotic coffee's and strange teas, health shakes and smoothies etc was kicking off. Before that it was sandwiches in a box and a flask or pop out for lunch.
6 months in, the chaos was overwhelming the office, emails about washing up, the place a mess, people spending 20 mins away from the desk to make drinks when not even on a break.

I shut the kitchen permanently and told them all to go back to packed lunches and flasks and have your main cooked meal at home in the evening, no breakfast to be eaten in the office and if you don't like it you can F off to Pret or wherever it is you like to go, it's become a joke and this isn't Google HQ. Within a few weeks the moaning stopped, people were eating good packed lunches and weren't up and down making mocha cocka cheena vagflaps with cocoa dusting every 10 minutes.

I recommend binning staff kitchens, they are shit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure in some people's eyes this would make me a bell cheese but I was manager of a mid sized office many years ago, just as the craze for bringing in elaborate meals, making of exotic coffee's and strange teas, health shakes and smoothies etc was kicking off. Before that it was sandwiches in a box and a flask or pop out for lunch.
6 months in, the chaos was overwhelming the office, emails about washing up, the place a mess, people spending 20 mins away from the desk to make drinks when not even on a break.

I shut the kitchen permanently and told them all to go back to packed lunches and flasks and have your main cooked meal at home in the evening, no breakfast to be eaten in the office and if you don't like it you can F off to Pret or wherever it is you like to go, it's become a joke and this isn't Google HQ. Within a few weeks the moaning stopped, people were eating good packed lunches and weren't up and down making mocha cocka cheena vagflaps with cocoa dusting every 10 minutes.

I recommend binning staff kitchens, they are shit.

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
I work along side four polish blokes and i am sick to death of not understanding a word they are saying. The worst part is when all five of us are stood around chatting and suddenly they all switch to speaking polish. F*****S :angry:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I work along side four polish blokes and i am sick to death of not understanding a word they are saying. The worst part is when all five of us are stood around chatting and suddenly they all switch to speaking polish. F*****S :angry:

Learn Polish?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm currently stuck working with a few lifers who are waiting to be either paid handsomely to take early retirement, or for their actual retirement date. None do a tap of actual work.

We've got one sleeper - he regularly falls asleep at his desk, head upright but noticeably snoring. He has a clock to his retirement date on his second monitor.

We've got one noise machine of a different type. He uses a tiny fan at his desk that sounds more like a dremel, rather than ask to open a window (the AC in the building is shot - we were meant to be out to a new building by October but its been delayed and nobody will pay to get it fixed). He also turns off the lights as he "doesn't like" flourescent lights, meaning we work in the dark most of the time.

We've got one moaning late middle aged woman, mainly moaning as she has had one of her more menial tasks taken off her that let her snoop on users computers. I'm actually not sure what tasks she has remaining at all other than occasionally filling in for someone else, maybe three weeks a year.

Coming close to a full set of the older bell cheeses possible I think.

[video]www.facebook.com/BigThinkdotcom/videos/vb.46126453526/10154927129808527/?type=2&theater[/video]

Another go at posting this after yesterday's miserable effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here