Pass The Pig

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Not working in an office myself.........................or at least not working in a big office, I was amazed to hear a story a mate of mine told me the other day.

A woman from head office had come down and called a meeting of all the middle management.
With everyone sitting in a circle she produced a fluffy toy pig and gave it to the nearest person.
She then told them that whilst holding the pig they should declare to the rest of the group any worries they might have either personal or work related.......and when finished pass the pig on to the person on their left.......................................slowly the pig made it's way round the group until finally it rested in my mates lap.
He promptly got up lobbed the pig out of an open window, and whilst walking to the door said "Any personal problems I've got are none of your business..... F**k passing a pig I've got better things to be doing"
As many of you seem to work in an office .....have any of you had to do something similar?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Locky said:
Not working in an office myself.........................or at least not working in a big office, I was amazed to hear a story a mate of mine told me the other day.

A woman from head office had come down and called a meeting of all the middle management.
With everyone sitting in a circle she produced a fluffy toy pig and gave it to the nearest person.
She then told them that whilst holding the pig they should declare to the rest of the group any worries they might have either personal or work related.......and when finished pass the pig on to the person on their left.......................................slowly the pig made it's way round the group until finally it rested in my mates lap.
He promptly got up lobbed the pig out of an open window, and whilst walking to the door said "Any personal problems I've got are none of your business..... F**k passing a pig I've got better things to be doing"
As many of you seem to work in an office .....have any of you had to do something similar?

boo i was waiting for a punch line :glare:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
class . . . .couldnt agree more . . . I have to do similar avery month to avoid sales meetings . . . . .6 hours of absolutely fuskwitted 'sales managers' bullshitting each other, then discussing how and why they've failed to sell anything . . . .whilst criticising our team for not getting their quotes done because theyre incapable of collecting the right information to us. they should all be personally thrown out of windows . . .preferably third floor or higher :angry:

Lolly

Jan 16, 2004
Earley, actually
Went on a 2 day 'team building/change your work attitude course last year. Had to stand in a circle with 1 person in the middle who had a ball. The idea was to throw the ball to someone you didn't know, who then went into the middle of the circle and answered random questions about themselves.
Complete waste of time, the end result once we'd all been on it was massive restructuring and about one third of the company being made redundant :(

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Sounds like crap team bonding games from when I was forced to do Drama as a third subject at Uni some 28 years ago!!!!!!!

Somethings never change

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Working for Yorkshire Electricity every telephone course I ever did had some sort of silly ice-breaker game during the first day.

The telephone courses occured regularly every few months and it was with the same colleagues that I had worked with for years.

The telephone courses were a complete waste of time because the 'latest idea of customer service' contradicted the previous course's instructions.
Why did I need an ice-breaker to get to know people I already knew?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
does anyone remember ,still have, the game with the little pigs which you used to roll as a sort of dice.. think they were called pass the pigs

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ditchy said:
does anyone remember ,still have, the game with the little pigs which you used to roll as a sort of dice.. think they were called pass the pigs

think the link above is exactly that!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, I don't know about passing pigs but how do you know when you've passed an elephant ?
You can't get the seat down ...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had to do the leap of faith thing once on an office course. The one when you stand on a ladder or a stage or something and have to fall backwards to be caught by your caring colleagues.

It was mostly ok, until the fattest woman in the office decides after much consideration that she wants to give it a go. I have rarely been that nervous as I was stood behind her enormous arse as she flung herself backwards.

We were lucky people didn't sustain serious whiplash injuries....

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
CrabtreeBHA said:
think the link above is exactly that!

sorry crab ..didnt look at the link ..thats exactly it

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I thought we were going to start dicussing "double snouters", "razor backs" and the famous "leaning jowler!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports