Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injury crisis at West Ham

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Javier Hernandez injured in training as West Ham face striker crisis for Brighton clash - report

West Ham could be without Javier Hernandez when they face Brighton

Slaven Bilic could be left with a shortage of senior strikers for Friday night's clash with Brighton with a report claiming that Javier Hernandez pulled up in training on Tuesday.

The West Ham boss already knows that he will be without Andy Carroll for tomorrow's game after the England striker was sent off during the Hammers' 1-1 draw at Burnley over the weekend.

But Bilic could be forced to call upon Diafra Sakho or even U23 striker Toni Martinez to lead the line against the Seagulls.

Claret & Hugh report that Hernandez was sent for a scan after suffering an leaving training early this week, although the extent of the injury is not currently known.

The Mexican striker apparently did not report for training on Wednesday following the scare on Tuesday, and faces a late fitness test to be available for Friday night's game.

Chicharito has started every league game for the Hammers so far this season but has so far scored in just two of those appearances, both of which ended in 3-2 defeats - including a brace against Southampton.

If Hernandez cannot play, then perhaps fans will get their wish to see Spanish forward Martinez given a shot with the first team after he has continued to impress for the U23 side this season.

The 20-year-old scored at hat-trick on Sunday as the Irons beat Manchester United 4-2 at the London Stadium, giving him a record of seven goals in his seven Premier League 2 games so far in the current campaign.

Fans already took to Twitter this week to tell club co-owner David Gold that they want to see Martinez included in the senior team sooner rather than later.

(for the rest of the story you need to "thumbs up" this post. :) )

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hernandez hasnt done much this season. Better him than sakho I think.

West ham are a good team on paper

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
OT - Interesting point on thread categories, I see this is flagged as 'Albion', even though it's about West Ham. Obviously that's because there's an Albion connection as we're playing them next, but after the match will this get re-categorised as 'football'? It will be nothing to do with the Albion then.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OT - Interesting point on thread categories, I see this is flagged as 'Albion', even though it's about West Ham. Obviously that's because there's an Albion connection as we're playing them next, but after the match will this get re-categorised as 'football'? It will be nothing to do with the Albion then.

This categories thing that Bozza mentioned the other day? Interesting - I can't see any categories anywhere (and btw, I'm quite happy to leave it that way!)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Javier Hernandez picked up hamstring injury in training on Tuesday.
Scan has revealed injury not as bad as first feared.
75% of starting but not 90 mins.
London press

It's only Brighton they will rest him and give a player from the youth side some experience.
They should be stuffing teams like Brighton at home, easy 3 points.
I hope that is their mindset, it would be for a lot of other teams in the division.

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Sakho is out, Carroll suspended, Hernandez touch and go. Options are Ayew, Antonio or Martinez from their u23 game. (According to my West Ham mate)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here