------Hunemeier Dunk Duffy
Schelloto Stephens Gross Suttner
---Knockaert Hemed Izquierdo

Without the ball:
------------------Ryan
Schelloto Hunemeier Dunk Duffy Suttner
-Knockaert Stephens Gross Izquierdo
--------------------Hemed

The wide players will have to break with pace obviously.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It would be very un-Hughton to do so but our current squad does lend itself to a 4-2-3-1

Krul/Ryan

Bruno Duffy Dunk Suttner

Stephens Propper

Knockaert Izzy/Gross Izquierdo

Hemed/Murray

Baldock (when fit), March, Ahannach, Murphy as attacking options from the bench.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It would be very un-Hughton to do so but our current squad does lend itself to a 4-2-3-1

Krul/Ryan

Bruno Duffy Dunk Suttner

Stephens Propper

Knockaert Izzy/Gross Izquierdo

Hemed/Murray

Baldock (when fit), March, Ahannach, Murphy as attacking options from the bench.

I like this formation but would go with March on the right and play Knocky in the middle rather than Gross

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yes the non-striker signing is a blow there is no getting away from that.

There are however still a number of formations available to the gaffer.

Option 1:

The tried and tested

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Suttner
Knockaert Stephens Propper March
Gross/Izquierdo
Hemed

Option 2:

Interesting that CH said Schelotto can play RB or attacking wing back so you could go with

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Suttner
Schelotto Stephens Propper March
Knockaert
Izquiedo/Hemed

Option 3:

More offensive

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Suttner
Sidwell Stephens Propper
Knockaert Izquierdo March

Option 4:

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Suttner
Knockaert Stephens Propper March
Hemed Izquierdo

What would your preferred formation be?

Option 2, but I don't think it will work.

Spain playing without a recognised striker. That requires midfielders who can shoot accurately with a good goals tally.

Last edited:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Has CH got the imagination to play a team without a recognised striker , the players would have to be very fluid with their movement , but with March , Knocky and the Colombian there is a lot of pace ,can he put it to a formation though

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Has CH got the imagination to play a team without a recognised striker , the players would have to be very fluid with their movement , but with March , Knocky and the Colombian there is a lot of pace ,can he put it to a formation though

Marco Asensio occupies a more forward role with the ball behind him for Spain. The ball does not reach him. Substitute Pascal Groß for the Albion.

Ramos on the wing for Spain. Substitute Dunk for the Albion. 3-0

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Marco Asensio occupies a more forward role with the ball behind him for Spain. The ball does not reach him. Substitute Pascal Groß for the Albion.

Ramos on the wing for Spain. Substitute Dunk for the Albion. 3-0

Que?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's getting difficult now, deciding which members of our wonderful team from last year are going to be left out. Bruno? Knocky? Solly? At least one of those in every selection, I think - didn't envisage that at the start of the window!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Spain started there match against Italy tonight with Silva as a number nine ..Match up front on his own? :whistle:

Take it in turns. Saves energy. They've done it before when David Villa was injured.

It does not work so well when they go behind, Tika-taka doesn't.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
_80070778_7d846e17-c133-4f4c-8ed5-1e05fb0414a4.jpg

Dunk holding the fort at the back somewhere

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Because we are missing a key ingredient. Baldock (or a striker of his ilk). Baldock may not have scored lots of goals but his running off the ball, behind the defenders etc drags defenders every which may meaning the 'big' striker has more time on the ball. The 4-4-2 set up that bore so much fruit was only ever effective when we had the mix of pace and strength up top. It's mad to think that so much of our play was set up around a player who was always injured.

I wouldn't be surprised if he tried Izquierdo and/ or Brown when he returns in the Baldock role of a 4-4-2. Hughton made it clear when Izquerido signed that he was very much a forward and can operate in any position across the front line and he also suggested that Brown could play as a number 9 or 10.

patalan48

Mar 5, 2017

I think that you make an important point but I question whether he has the ability to adapt to limitations imposed by the recent transfer window or the flexibility to change tactics in the middle of the game.I hope he is secure enough to bring in a coach who has the necessary expertise to apply the tactics associated with your proposed formation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here