Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Gutted about this.
First year at the Amex I had a season ticket, for my wife and I , but gave it up to become the carer for my father in the 1901. As I couldn't make it to every match as I live in the midlands the helper ticket wasn't in any other name. I purchased another seat in the 1901 last year so my wife could attend on a regular basis, but although I've been travelling down to almost every home game since the Amex opened I now only have 85 points as a STH. Looks like the home end for me at away games!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just started to digest this - but can't say I have yet got my head round it completely. I've actually been a STH since Gillingham (I know!) but obviously only the Amex years count - I see I have 234 points, which looks OK....but how does this compare to others? All very well STHs having priority (which is great) - but given there are 20,000+ STH, 234 points could be a really crap number. Can anyone give me an idea whether 234 points is good, bad or indifferent...?

Until they release the Leicester ticket details its totally unknown. I don't know why they can't release this now, they know when the game is, they know we will get roughly 3,000 tickets and they know it will be £30, what else do they need to know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Until they release the Leicester ticket details its totally unknown. I don't know why they can't release this now, they know when the game is, they know we will get roughly 3,000 tickets and they know it will be £30, what else do they need to know.

They need a bit of time to deal with the errors first ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This is probably going to be a one season mad rush, plus Arsenal, Chelsea aways for a few seasons more. Man Utd are constantly sold out with a closed shop because they always win but we won't be always winning and so tickets will open up as the seasons go on, and especially if we go down. I think for exiles like me we're going to have to suck up this season and hope we can do these premier league aways in 18-19

I have just logged on and it to says I have -9724 points! I must be the second most disloyal fan ever after fleet!

They should take off 100 pts every time you criticise a player and 200 for disagreeing with a NSC superfan

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Probably all of them with a slight risk of not getting one for Bournemouth.

Also, bear in mind that these 'Loyalty Points' are in the main used for the right to go to away matches. If they went that far back in terms of rewarding continuous ST renewals then it might put some people who have not been to an away game in their lives ahead of regulars. Think of it as using your Withdean 'loyalty' in being able to choose a seat earlier than most when the Amex was ready.

Accept all what you say, I am not complaining about the system as I know the club will never be able to please everybody.

I have been to a fair number of away games since we have been at the Amex but concede that most of those were just to visit new grounds to me. Admit I have not been a fanatical away attender.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Further to my last post just a quick question. I can't be a***d to trawl every post but does the Atletico match attendance add to Loyalty points?

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
This really is gutting. Sitting on 208 STH points which may not be enough.

Madness that I could get tickets for Villa and Norwich away, but could possibly struggle this season.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Am I right in thinking that in theory, he should be better off as 1901s don't get an advantage over other season ticket holders as they have in previous seasons?

I believe that overall tallies will show length of service, points gathered on away voyages combined with 1901 additions, favouring the longer term fan with a few miles on the clock.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Perfect timing for website maintenance....!!!

Barber Out.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Just started to digest this - but can't say I have yet got my head round it completely. I've actually been a STH since Gillingham (I know!) but obviously only the Amex years count - I see I have 234 points, which looks OK....but how does this compare to others? All very well STHs having priority (which is great) - but given there are 20,000+ STH, 234 points could be a really crap number. Can anyone give me an idea whether 234 points is good, bad or indifferent...?

So by my maths that means that you had 1108 points under the old system (234-180 = 54 x 2 = 108 + 1000 for STH). For the Villa match I think the threshold was set at 1110+ when they sold out. So based on that I would estimate the opening thresholds might be set at 255+ and then 235+, and then 215+ if any left. Don't forget nearly everyone was desperate to go to Villa so with summer holidays etc. you might be ok to get tickets at either Leicester or Watford and that would move you into the higher bracket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here