Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another pitch invasion

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The only reason I could excuse or understand another pitch invasion is if Newcastle win Friday night and we are 2-3 down on 89 minutes with Bristol and we manage to draw level on the 90th minute and then little Sammy Baldock races through on the 97th minute to slot home the winner....

Maybe you could excuse a little jig on the pitch by a few...
If something like an injury time winner does it I'm sure it'll be bedlam

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not really sure why we need another thread on another pitch invasion.

Nothing was going to stop me going on against Wigan. Was bloody marvellous. Barber could bully and threaten me as much as he liked but I was going on. Just once I wanted to walk on the Amex pitch. Now I have done it, I won't do it again until we win the PL !!

We have had our day and its time for the players to have their day on Saturday.

Anybody who gets nicked or has their ST withdrawn for going on the pitch on Saturday will get short shrift from me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not really sure why we need another thread on another pitch invasion.

Nothing was going to stop me going on against Wigan. Was bloody marvellous. Barber could bully and threaten me as much as he liked but I was going on. Just once I wanted to walk on the Amex pitch. Now I have done it, I won't do it again until we win the PL !!

We have had our day and its time for the players to have their day on Saturday.

Anybody who gets nicked or has their ST withdrawn for going on the pitch on Saturday will get short shrift from me.

Well said Nippleman

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Was lucky enough to sit and spend some time with both Sam Baldock and Dale Stephens today after training. Both spoke about how brilliant the scenes of celebrations were - and what they meant to them - from the final whistle through in to town - but particularly on the train and the walk into town. None of us could think of a club who'd celebrated in this way with the fans. Together is so much more than a marketing slogan! It actually means so much to so many. Sam also asked me if the fans would stay off the pitch on Saturday, as the players genuinely want their chance to take families around the pitch, do their lap of honour and thank our brilliant fans. So please, do let the players have their moment on Saturday.

Not as good as Attilla's attempt but least you had a go. 2/10

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Any supporters who invade the pitch after the Bristol City game will have massively misjudged the moment.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Let me get this straight:

Invade the pitch at the end of a match when we HAVEN'T actually achieved promotion = absolutely fine, fill your boots.

Invade the pitch at thee end of a match when we have won the FOOTBALL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPY for the first time in my our history = what are you thinking you absolute nobber.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely !
For all those who think it is wonderful to rush on to the pitch on such an occasion, think again.
It is, to use the expression, 'Tin Pot' - when do you ever see fans of the more established 'Big' clubs doing so !
If it matters to us, to earn respect of the Media, Premier League Clubs and indeed their supporters, DON'T DO IT !

Why on earth do you need to 'earn the respect' of Premier League clubs, their supporters and the media? That is just so weird. Who cares what fans of other clubs think? I just don't get it. Why do you care what the established big clubs do? What does that have to do with us?

Brighton is really strange the way so many people are so worried about what other people think. That is definitely partly to blame for why the atmosphere isn't the greatest for most of the season. Any new song or attempt to have fun is 'cringeworthy' or 'tinpot'. It is odd, it really is.

Lots of people said it would be tinpot' to invade the pitch when we got promoted. Do they still think that now?

I don't care if people go on the pitch or not on Saturday, but if they do, it won't be 'tinpot'. And I certainly won't be thinking 'oh no, imagine what Man City fans must think'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Was lucky enough to sit and spend some time with both Sam Baldock and Dale Stephens today after training. Both spoke about how brilliant the scenes of celebrations were - and what they meant to them - from the final whistle through in to town - but particularly on the train and the walk into town. None of us could think of a club who'd celebrated in this way with the fans. Together is so much more than a marketing slogan! It actually means so much to so many. Sam also asked me if the fans would stay off the pitch on Saturday, as the players genuinely want their chance to take families around the pitch, do their lap of honour and thank our brilliant fans. So please, do let the players have their moment on Saturday.

Is Dale signing a new contract?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Any supporters who invade the pitch after the Bristol City game will have massively misjudged the moment.

They will also be caught on CCTV aka Sky cameras

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO Invading the pitch on Saturday would be a selfish me-me-me act fuelled by all-day drinking, and a massive disrespect to the club, players, management and their respective families. Would far rather, by about several thousand percentage points, see the traditional end of season lap of honour of the pitch, with or without a big shiny trophy, than see some fat twats spraying yet more rich tea biscuits over the playing surface. You had your day in the sun already. Now keep off the grass.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
IMHO Invading the pitch on Saturday would be a selfish me-me-me act fuelled by all-day drinking, and a massive disrespect to the club, players, management and their respective families. Would far rather, by about several thousand percentage points, see the traditional end of season lap of honour of the pitch, with or without a big shiny trophy, than see some fat twats spraying yet more rich tea biscuits over the playing surface. You had your day in the sun already. Now keep off the grass.

It doesn't really matter what your opinion is. Only about 2% of the 30,000 crowd are registered on NSC. Nobody is going to listen to anything you or I say, and nobody is going to change anybody else's mind. It all depends on what happens on the day.

All this 'we might not be able to present the trophy if people come on the pitch' is quite clearly complete bollocks. Can anyone seriously imagine that happening? Like people wouldn't clear the pitch if the club announced 'we need to present the Championship trophy, please clear the pitch'? It's a ludicrous idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Let me get this straight:

Invade the pitch at the end of a match when we HAVEN'T actually achieved promotion = absolutely fine, fill your boots.

Invade the pitch at thee end of a match when we have won the FOOTBALL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPY for the first time in my our history = what are you thinking you absolute nobber.

This.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It doesn't really matter what your opinion is. Only about 2% of the 30,000 crowd are registered on NSC. Nobody is going to listen to anything you or I say, and nobody is going to change anybody else's mind. It all depends on what happens on the day.

All this 'we might not be able to present the trophy if people come on the pitch' is quite clearly complete bollocks. Can anyone seriously imagine that happening? Like people wouldn't clear the pitch if the club announced 'we need to present the Championship trophy, please clear the pitch'? It's a ludicrous idea.

What you say is completely true. But it's only us fans that'll miss out on the day. The players/managements families won't really miss that lap of the pitch, tho one or two players might be a bit sad that they can't do one last cheerio because they won't be here next season, for one reason or another. And they can always sling us the trophy in a back office any old day. Promotion bonus cheques will be cashed either way.

You're right. Don't mean a thing in the grand scheme of things :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

Imo if anyone who didn't get to go on the pitch for the Wigan match should be allowed their celebration against Bristol City if we achieve our goal.

Otherwise it would be double standards, as long as they clear the pitch in let's say 10 mins or so, where's the problem???

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Imo if anyone who didn't get to go on the pitch for the Wigan match should be allowed their celebration against Bristol City if we achieve our goal.

Otherwise it would be double standards, as long as they clear the pitch in let's say 10 mins or so, where's the problem???

Where's the problem ? [emoji23][emoji23] Who is going to check, and how are they going to check, that those entering the hallowed turf are those that didn't last Monday ? I don't remember Barber's Minions (the ones in yellow) taking a register.............

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here