Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Respect to Huddersfield

Bradford City do similar, hence they're getting crowds of 18,000+ in League One. Some enlightened chairmen up there, although I appreciate it's a case of needs must for both sides after crowds had stagnated before these offers. Huddersfield's is relatively new, but Bradford have done something along these lines for several years now.

#149 Spoke to Bradfords old chairmain about this and the new German owners are 100% behind this,will be very difficult to compete with budgets if they come up but all credit for trying to get sanity back into football:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 149.JPG
    149.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 246

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Huddersfield put so the rest of us to shame.

We need to move away from football greed.

Should look towards Bundesliga as inspiration

Who are they putting to shame exactly ? BHA can only match those kind of prices by Tony coughing up more of his personal cash whilst we're not PL or by cutting players wages massively.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i know my friend at Derby could get 2 season tickets for the price of my WSU one.... but he could also buy 2 or 3 houses fro the price of mine. We line in an expensive part of the country and currently there is a high demand on our Sts...so market forces will drive them up.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Who are they putting to shame exactly ? BHA can only match those kind of prices by Tony coughing up more of his personal cash whilst we're not PL or by cutting players wages massively.

Football generally. Sorry but players across the board are overpaid and we mugs let them get away with it

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Would we ever do anything like this ....

Huddersfield Season Tickets
Adults - £199
8-17 years - £79
U8's - £29

Seeing as they could go up aswell, that is fantastic from their club, fair play!

Yes, we would, if we didn't have 1,500+ on a waiting list and a full stadium. It's all about supply and demand isn't it.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, we would, if we didn't have 1,500+ on a waiting list and a full stadium. It's all about supply and demand isn't it.

Quite. Huddersfield & Bradford both had in the region of 10,000 empty seats per game before they started this sort of thing. It's a calculated gamble though. Huddersfield's chairman obviously feels it's one worth doing if he can fill the stadium (an act which might, in itself, help inspire the team to greater successes). They may well get an overall revenue lift, via a lot more people paying much lower prices.

If the Albion reduced ticket prices by 50%, all that would happen is that we'd have the same number of people paying much lower prices, and thus the club's revenue would plummet.

I hate the fact it costs me so much to watch the Albion, but it would make no business sense- as things currently stand- to drop the price. If we were in League One with gates of 14,000: maybe...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Or we get some superb scouts and the academy produces or go down the Huddersfield route and recruit half of Germany:)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Or we get some superb scouts and the academy produces or go down the Huddersfield route and recruit half of Germany:)

Who will all be going to Norwich now, as their head of football operations has jumped ship today (mentioned previously in this thread).

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Who will all be going to Norwich now, as their head of football operations has jumped ship today (mentioned previously in this thread).

I'd have thought Wagner was the main driving force behind the German signings rather than this other bloke?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If the Albion reduced ticket prices by 50%, all that would happen is that we'd have the same number of people paying much lower prices, and thus the club's revenue would plummet.

I hate the fact it costs me so much to watch the Albion, ...
If the Albion go up they could halve ticket prices and still the club's total revenue next year would soar to almost unimaginable levels. Hardly a "plummet".

Mar 23, 2017
They have been dirt cheap for years. Clearly a far more competitive area for football and not the same vast catchment area that we enjoy.

Not true, this is the first season Town have had cheap season tickets (£179). Last year they were nearer £400 on average. I would guess we would have sold around 7000 STs at the old price for this season, but the figure has been decreasing and hadn't really improved after promotion. Even this season with the current promotion push I doubt Town would ever get much above 15,000 at full prices. There is definitely a finite number of potential fans, 10 miles in any direction and you are in someone else's catchment.

Bradford have been doing even cheaper tickets for several years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here