Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Can we have Austin?!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One man team....its been shown when he was out injured and if hes sold QPR will slide.

I have to say after my post match rant at the TV and how we let YET ANOTHER lead slip, that I felt QPR were a one man team. Still not sure if it's frustration or a feeling that it is the case. 2 goals in 7 doubled when Austin starts his first full game for a while, says something?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I have to say after my post match rant at the TV and how we let YET ANOTHER lead slip, that I felt QPR were a one man team. Still not sure if it's frustration or a feeling that it is the case. 2 goals in 7 doubled when Austin starts his first full game for a while, says something?

If Austin stays fit then surely QPR will take some points off some good teams? (Trying to look on bright side)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He is an excellent striker for sure. One thing he is absolutely not though, is CLASS.

Total lack of that particular attribute - constantly diving, cheating, whining.

(All things we'd all happily overlook if he was banging them in for us, obviously)

I thought he was fairly well-behaved in that respect last night, especially compared to Chris Martin on Saturday.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I imagine someone will agree a deal with him in January to sign in the summer.

In the IDEAL world where Austin agrees nothing and waits to the summer to negotiate, IF we were up, I would go MEGA MONEY on him.

Sadly, he has SPURS or similar written all over him.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Why would he want to go? He's a big fish in a small sea, he's already on Premiershit wages and he can score goals for fun at this level, as we saw last night. Also I heard a little rumour that he's got a well dodgy knee which, if correct, means that QPR may have a problem shifting him anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

In the IDEAL world where Austin agrees nothing and waits to the summer to negotiate, IF we were up, I would go MEGA MONEY on him.

Talking of MEGAMONEY, there's a very good reason why QPR had a £60 loss in the last FFP financial year. His wages alone would have contributed to that.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Austin is one of two Championship players who are too good for this League.

Unfortunately, we are facing the other one on Saturday!

PG

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
He is an excellent striker for sure. One thing he is absolutely not though, is CLASS.

Total lack of that particular attribute - constantly diving, cheating, whining.

(All things we'd all happily overlook if he was banging them in for us, obviously)

Exactly this...he was going down on the slightest contact, constantly moaning to the ref and strutting around like Billy Big B@llards....BUT, he knows where the goal is, the first finish was quality and the second to get a header in with Bruno trying to hug him was also

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly this...he was going down on the slightest contact, constantly moaning to the ref and strutting around like Billy Big B@llards....BUT, he knows where the goal is, the first finish was quality and the second to get a header in with Bruno trying to hug him was also

Hes aPremier league striker all day long.

Palace will try again i think in Jan, despite what he says they will really struggle to keep hold of him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Would like him at Spurs, but Mopo doesn't want him as he doesn't fit into his "philosophy" - but having one striker does :/

he turned him down in the Summer.

He would cost nowhere near 10 million as he is out of contract in the Summer I believe.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Too many injury issues, for me and wouldn't come to us anyway. I have faith that our target will be delivered early January, whoever that may be.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Austin is a quality player, the only negative (as people on here have mentioned) is his injury problems. Back in the day it was his shoulder which was the problem and seemed as if it would require long term management, remember him taking his shirt off when he played for us at Palace and his upper half was largely bandaging to support it. The knee issue is also there but I suppose only the physios will know when and if they assess him for a move.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What I reckon, is that clubs like Norwich will put bids in that will almost certainly get accepted, but Austin can get mega-bucks as a free agent in the summer and is likely to turn down most contracts offered his way this Jan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I reckon, is that clubs like Norwich will put bids in that will almost certainly get accepted, but Austin can get mega-bucks as a free agent in the summer and is likely to turn down most contracts offered his way this Jan.

I would think the most likely to bid is Bournemouth that would then put a question mark on GM future, Oh No not again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here