Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The real deal

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Few weeks ago we were worried about our lack of goals. No team in the division has scored more than us!

Yes, I too was surprised at this when I looked at the league table earlier - always do when we don't lose! I was staggered that we have scored the same as other teams at the top, doubtless helped by the 5 in the last 2 games, but have conceded about 6 more. Our lack of goal scoring is a myth!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Over the moon. But worry about injuries mounting up. When are the first of the 'long term' due back?

We have little news on any.

Lualua 6 weeks after the op which was about 2 weeks ago.

Hughton said this week that Bong will be back before Rosenior, but didn't really hint at the timescales.

Baldock no idea

March too early to say.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Normally my biggest concern is that we defend too deep at the death and it invites the opposition to be all over us. It's why, I think, our defence isn't as good. Today we held a better line but then made a silly unforced mistake to give them the opportunity to press us. Not convinced by the penalty - bit of a home team decision but no major complaint.
We really are a good, well organised, well balanced side that revolves around Kayal and Stephens. As long as they avoid injury we can continue to challenge.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Critical period has just started with great performance and result. Win would have been superb, draw having conceded two poor goals still good.

If we can hang on to top or close for next 5 the walking (or not) wounded start to return. seem to recall the quote that Stephens' return was 'like singing a new player', this can equally apply to KLL,Baldock, Bong, Rosenior.

Personally, I would wrap Stephens and Kayal in cotton wool. The Preston game showed that we can't do without them.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We have little news on any.

Lualua 6 weeks after the op which was about 2 weeks ago.

Hughton said this week that Bong will be back before Rosenior, but didn't really hint at the timescales.

Baldock no idea

March too early to say.

Was not witness today.

Can you or indeed any one else say who or what caused Solly's injury and how serious it looked ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Was not witness today.

Can you or indeed any one else say who or what caused Solly's injury and how serious it looked ?

Looks like he twisted his knee after a challenge with one of the Derby players. Treatment, then tried to run it off, but twisted whilst not in contact with anyone else and he went down again. Might not be serious, but didn't look good. Went off on a stretcher.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Critical period has just started with great performance and result. Win would have been superb, draw having conceded two poor goals still good.

If we can hang on to top or close for next 5 the walking (or not) wounded start to return. seem to recall the quote that Stephens' return was 'like singing a new player', this can equally apply to KLL,Baldock, Bong, Rosenior.

Personally, I would wrap Stephens and Kayal in cotton wool. The Preston game showed that we can't do without them.

It's mad how different a side we looked without them that day. Horrifically devoid of any ideas or nous.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So that's four of the other five teams in the top six we've played 3 of them away....yet to be beaten....oh hang on no ones beaten us!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Calm down everyone. The only thing achieved is 4 points clear of 3rd. That is 2 games.
Hard to please, aren't you?

Still, at least you made a post without mentioning Palace or the size of anyone's support relative to anyone else's. :thumbsup:

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
From 20 games and this number of points, no team in the Championship has failed to be promoted.

So if we feck it up there's another record for this season!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You know we've got some credibility at last when Radio Five announce there Campionship roundup with ''Brighton are held to a draw at Derby''

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I fear QPR on Tuesday and the new manager curse! But can we brake that record too...?

Feb 14, 2010
Hard to please, aren't you?

Too bloody right, we have been too easy to please at Brighton for a 100 years. Top but only 4 points off third in the Championship. Thats all that has been achieved. Long long way to satisfy this clubs potential. Aim for the stars, don't accept failure. Lets have some competitive attitude. Our rivals are top 6 in the division above us. No Im not pleased, why would I be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here