Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
When has CH ever talked openly about a transfer target? If anything, this confirms that we are NOT in the running.

��. Never until they have signed. I agree 99% what your saying unless CH is giving us all a early xmas prezzie and telling us this is a done deal. I like the 2nd option. It is Christmas after all. #holdthenerve

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So far this wonderful cake of a season has all the ingredients of being perfect (football wise). From the results to the acquisition of Wilson, we just seem to be utterly spoiled getting everything & everyone we want. The Birmingham & Charlton games could be the most entertaining games we've seen at the Amex yet! But this cake needs icing. Should we still dream of Calleri? Why the hell not!

#believe #holdthenerve

albionite

May 20, 2009
It's nice still to believe, think it's the thread I've opened the most since August waiting for the bit of news it's going to happen or he has gone elsewhere.

Needs to get to 200pages before it's over

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chelsea. Inter Milan. Arsenal. Brighton and Hove Albion.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Seemingly, only one team has actually made a bid. The others have 'expressed interest', which is agent talk for 'pay as much as I can get out of you'.

Two, supposedly.

There was an article stating Palermo have made a bid of 8m Euros which was rejected, as Boca were looking for 12m.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't aware wages were that massive in the argentine league

I was thinking more of the wages he would get at Inter or Chelsea even if not playing first team football compared to what we will be offering.

Just in response to the suggestion that we can almost certainly offer first team football which bigger clubs probably won't. to sway his signing.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Surely the thread will die shortly if the latest twitter offerings are to believed. It appears Inter have agreed a $12m for Calleri with him going to Bologna on loan to the end of the season.

So how exactly are we going to compete with that? We're not. This is all a smokescreen so we get our other target (Bolanos, Bou, Ruben etc)

albionite

May 20, 2009
Surely the thread will die shortly if the latest twitter offerings are to believed. It appears Inter have agreed a $12m for Calleri with him going to Bologna on loan to the end of the season.

So how exactly are we going to compete with that? We're not. This is all a smokescreen so we get our other target (Bolanos, Bou, Ruben etc)
More likely a player we haven't heard of yet, but I see us being linked with calleri as a bit of fun with a small hope that it might happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here