Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If March, Hemed, and JFC is the answer...

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
Then 'Papering over the Cracks' is the question.

Not good enough. Period. Get rid and replace in Jan.[/QUOTEY]
You must have seen a different game to the one I watched this afternoon. We had 59% of possession playing away against a team who were relegated last year from the Premier League. This time last year we had 18 points and were out of the relegation places on goal difference. You then suggest we get rid of two young players learning their trade who are both considered good enough to be in the England U21 squad.
Are you sure you are an Albion fan?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Then 'Papering over the Cracks' is the question.

Not good enough. Period. Get rid and replace in Jan.

Sorry mate, but this is an utterly ridiculous post.

First of all, what 'cracks'? We are joint TOP OF THE LEAGUE. Do you actually understand the phrase 'papering over the cracks'?

Secondly, of the 3 players you've singled out, one is our top scorer, one was our match-winner and best player last time out, and the other is currently a back-up option, only playing because Crofts, Baldock, Calderon, Ince and Lualua were unavailable.

Literally, unbelievable.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Sorry mate, but this is an utterly ridiculous post.

First of all, what 'cracks'? We are joint TOP OF THE LEAGUE. Do you actually understand the phrase 'papering over the cracks'?

Secondly, of the 3 players you've singled out, one is our top scorer, one was our match-winner and best player last time out, and the other is currently a back-up option, only playing because Crofts, Baldock, Calderon, Ince and Lualua were unavailable.

Literally, unbelievable.

I guess we can't all agree but it's good to see you do with 33% of my post then, nice one Si.
Time for big changes, 6 or 7 replacements needed but Hemed March and JFC must be the first.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't get rid. Why do people have the attitude that everyone has to be first team or out the club. You know we need subs and a squad and strength in depth right?

Correct.

Plus where would we be without Hemed's goals? Granted he is misfiring at the moment, and we could probabaly do with someone new to play alongside him, but he is still our leading goalscorer, and he will start finding the net again before too long.

Solly March is fast becoming an important member of the team too, still only young, but his overall performances are very much on the up, and he is only going to get better and better.

I suppose it could be said that maybe Jake's long term future lays away from the Albion, simply because he can't get into the team at the moment, and his style doesn't adhere to Chris Hughton'spreferred strategy. But that doesn't mke him a bad player. He was superb while on loan at MK Dons apparantly.

For me, all three are an important part of the squad, if not the team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I guess we can't all agree but it's good to see you do with 33% of my post then, nice one Si.
Time for big changes, 6 or 7 replacements needed but Hemed March and JFC must be the first.

6 or 7 changes to a team in our position ? Worlds fail me

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Not often I respond negatively without trying to find some point of agreement but this is total carp :nono:

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
6 or 7 changes to a team in our position ? Worlds fail me

March needs replacing
Hemed needs replacing
JFC needs replacing
Dunk needs replacing
Greer needs replacing (alto played well today)
Baldock needs replacing
Calderon will also need replacing soon.

6/7 players needed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
March needs replacing
Hemed needs replacing
JFC needs replacing
Dunk needs replacing
Baldock needs replacing

6/7 players needed.

Perhaps you should choose a different club, as you clearly don't like ours.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sorry, but I don't agree with a single word of your post. The fact that JFC is a back up option is not a problem. He's a perfectly good back up, so why would we need to replace him? Kayal and Stephens are always going to be first choice anyway - what is point in wasting budget to upgrade the player who is currently Fifth choice central midfielder? It's not your money, I guess.

Hemed needs competition - absolutely. That's 'competition' - again, different to replacing.

March has been in the best form of his career over the last few weeks. He's one of three wingers, with KLL an Murphy who are 100% a good enough set for a championship squad. Add Rosenior, and we're healthy in wide areas. Manu unproven.

There are places we look short, and they are none of the places you've mentioned.

Step back from the punditry and enjoy being TOP.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Sorry, but I don't agree with a single word of your post. The fact that JFC is a back up option is not a problem. He's a perfectly good back up, so why would we need to replace him? Kayal and Stephens are always going to be first choice anyway - what is point in wasting budget to upgrade the player who is currently Fifth choice central midfielder? It's not your money, I guess.

Hemed needs competition - absolutely. That's 'competition' - again, different to replacing.

March has been in the best form of his career over the last few weeks. He's one of three wingers, with KLL an Murphy who are 100% a good enough set for a championship squad. Add Rosenior, and we're healthy in wide areas. Manu unproven.

There are places we look short, and they are none of the places you've mentioned.

Step back from the punditry and enjoy being SECOND.

:).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
March needs replacing
Hemed needs replacing
JFC needs replacing
Dunk needs replacing
Baldock needs replacing

6/7 players needed.

Welcome to the real world mate this isn't football manager! Are you Bens Grandad on a wind up ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
March needs replacing
Hemed needs replacing
JFC needs replacing
Dunk needs replacing
Baldock needs replacing

6/7 players needed.

Absolutely staggering post. Even most Palace fans wouldn't make such a harsh assessment of our team.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd have more urgency in replacing Chicksen, Holla, and O'Grady ( when he comes back ) than the 3 you mention.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
I'd have more urgency in replacing Chicksen, Holla, and O'Grady ( when he comes back ) than the 3 you mention.

I mean they all need replacing from the match day squad, none are good enough for the starting 11 or bench. Keep them all if you want but what's the point in having players that will/are never good enough to be in the starting side. All weak links. As are Holla Chicksen and COG as you point out, but thankfully they are nowhere near the starting 11.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If Hemed, JFC, March are the answer then the question is undoubtedly...
Who are some of the key players performing in a squad thats on track for our best Div One/Champ season since 1979 ?

At this stage in 2015/16 after 17 games we're

2010/11 - 12 points better off.
2011/12 - 8 points
2012/13 - 10 points
2013/14 - 18 points

Bournemouth had (31) points, Watford (29) and Norwich (26) after 17 games last season. We have 35...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here