Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jovetic

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would you say Jovetic is a quality striker at Prem level?

I'm sure a lot of people would rate him as average.

I take your point, but I don't think we can afford the likes of a Romelu Lukaku, or a Harry Kane. Certainly Jovetic would be an improvement on what we have now, and a good addition to the squad l think.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not entirely sure that needs a new contract. If the contract says that they match the highest earner then that is what happens. You don't issue a new contract with an extension every time you sign a player on more money.

but i understand that is what the original contract states for knockers. Think Dunk and Duffy's most recent contracts also introduced the clause. Stephen's last year also.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Has played for TOP TOP clubs. Maybe it's time for him to be the main man at a club and flourish.

That's certainly what he is now at international level and he's scored 10 goals in his last 11 games

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I take your point, but I don't think we can afford the likes of a Romelu Lukaku, or a Harry Kane. Certainly Jovetic would be an improvement on what we have now, and a good addition to the squad l think.

I agree. He certainly would be an improvement on what we have. It just would be a shame that we have to pay him the same sort of wages as Harry Kane and yet he's probably not half as good.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
TB & PB are shrewd men. I have confidence that they know what they are doing financially, and wouldn't put the future of the club at risk.

What ever they do re Jovetic will have been clearly thought out, so if he signs, it's because the club is financially capable of employing him.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
If we sign him I think that would be it for the F S W. He did not sound like he's going to give it much longer at Newcastle.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
This is the sort of marquee signing we require. If we got him fans would quickly forget the first 2 games and would be excited to see a player of his calibre playing for us.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yep. If we're not prepared to pay that sort of money for a striker at this level, then we are not planning to stay here.

Crazy, but just where the game is.

When was the last time he scored more than 8 in a season?

We need goals if we're to stay in the Prem, not just high profile players.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Isn't the average Prem wage around 50k a week though?

I agree, average is certainly good enough for us. 80k a week wages would be stupid on an average player. Usually the beginning of the end for clubs when they start doing that.

The average Premier League wage is around 50k a week, but that is across all positions. I'd say if you broke it down by position then a strikers average wage would be a fair bit higher than that. So around 80k a week for what is likely to be a marquee signing for us isn't surprising.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here