Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To those of you seduced by the great European dream, I have news for you.....It ain't going to last. It worked up to about 1990. It has been declining in efficiency ever since. It will eventually eat itself by greed. Trying to recruit more and more unsuitable members but placing a larger and larger burden on France and Germany. The first serious crack has appeared in the plan and the undercurrent throughout Europe is not good. Even the big cats are now unsettled and unsure.
Farage, to the annoyance of many, got it right. The public schoolboy with the common touch, appealing to the man/woman in the street. He knew this country had lost its social conscience and he appealed to the underprivileged masses. We have become a selfish society, failing to see the bigger picture. Judging everything economically instead of getting the balance right in life and also weighing up the social consequences of all central decisions.
He didn't appeal to many in comfortable surburbia. " I'm alright Jack, why rock the boat " attitude. He touched a nerve and ignited a fuse in enough areas where people were genuinely hurting. Not those pretending to care.

I'm not agreeing with you there, sir.

The EU is a great idea. The British people love the free trade, the workers rights, they love the peace, co-operation and general stability it brings. A few power-hungry federalists have f*cked it up but it can all be brought back into line with a bit of common sense, starting with the likely removal of Juncker, sensible dialogue with Theresa May and the UK side and some proper consideration given to the immigration issue.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To those of you seduced by the great European dream, I have news for you.....It ain't going to last. It worked up to about 1990. It has been declining in efficiency ever since. It will eventually eat itself by greed. Trying to recruit more and more unsuitable members but placing a larger and larger burden on France and Germany. The first serious crack has appeared in the plan and the undercurrent throughout Europe is not good. Even the big cats are now unsettled and unsure.
Farage, to the annoyance of many, got it right. The public schoolboy with the common touch, appealing to the man/woman in the street. He knew this country had lost its social conscience and he appealed to the underprivileged masses. We have become a selfish society, failing to see the bigger picture. Judging everything economically instead of getting the balance right in life and also weighing up the social consequences of all central decisions.
He didn't appeal to many in comfortable surburbia. " I'm alright Jack, why rock the boat " attitude. He touched a nerve and ignited a fuse in enough areas where people were genuinely hurting. Not those pretending to care.

The EU is a great idea. The British people love the free trade, the workers rights, they love the peace, co-operation and general stability it brings. A few power-hungry federalists have f*cked it up but it can all be brought back into line with a bit of common sense, starting with the likely removal of Juncker, sensible dialogue with Theresa May and the UK side and some proper consideration given to the immigration issue.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A great deal of that is very true, but IMO the only part of it that applies to Farange is putting his name to it...he's a feckin stirrer. He's done it again today...stirred it up and runaway! Again.

He's a stirrer and a ****

16-dec-2016-Ukip-leader-Nigel-Farage.jpg

D

Deleted member 22389

I really really wish that where true. I certainly wouldn't have voted to Leave if I knew there could be considerable reform from inside.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've heard from a very good source that Farage is being recruited by the FA as a consultant in relation to new rules when bringing foreign players to England. Farage will be on the panel who decide, having looked at the player from a points based system, whether or not he can be allowed to play here or not.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Benjamin Butterworth [MENTION=3694]Benjamin[/MENTION]butter
Someone should tell [MENTION=17857]Nigel[/MENTION]_Farage we have something called annual leave. You don't need to resign every summer.
11:50 AM - 4 Jul 2016 · Lambeth, London, United Kingdom

:)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Think May is our best hope, the others are all right wing loons and will be counter productive in Brussels

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Seems to be going ok. I've not noticed any pressure.

I.E The effect is negligible , due to the numbers of immigrants , which is negligible , hence catfish feels able to throw around the racist tag, without having his convictions tested at all.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I.E The effect is negligible , due to the numbers of immigrants , which is negligible , hence catfish feels able to throw around the racist tag, without having his convictions tested at all.

How would problems in Worthing test catfish's convictions?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
He might not be so keen to label Farage as a racist for wanting to control immigration if he had to to deal with the effects, simple enough for you ?

There's no correlation. He can call Farage racist, regardless of whether there are racial tensions in Worthing.

And please don't be so sniffy with your replies.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There are very, very few people in public life (or anywhere else) that can lay claim to having achieved anything like Farage has. It's very easy to dismiss him as a "tool" or a "plank" as many have on this thread but like him or loathe him the bloke has managed to, almost single handedly, take the UK out of the European Union which was his entire point from the outset.

If you think that Jimmy Saville, Cliff Richard, Tom Jones or Philip Green deserve ennoblement because of their work for "charidee" or their historical legacy then knock yourself out. I imagine that Farage's place in the long history of these islands will be far greater than any of theirs put together. Whether he was right or wrong to fight for us to leave is for the future to discover but, by God, he did fight.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
There's no correlation. He can call Farage racist, regardless of whether there are racial tensions in Worthing.

And please don't be so sniffy with your replies.
Oh yes there is , as I said , he doesn't have to deal with the effects of mass immigration , he probably wouldn't be as keen to use the label if he did.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think May is our best hope, the others are all right wing loons and will be counter productive in Brussels
I like Andrea Leadsom, but I'm not sure what she'll be pushing the EU for. I don't like May, but that doesn't matter. Gove is a tw@ though, hopefully he'll disappear.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is it just me or is the phrase "racial tensions in Worthing" the most oddly hilarious few words ever typed in the same sentence? I spent many happy years man and boy in the town and it ranks as probably THE least tolerant and diverse town I've ever known. It's one of the reasons I love it. You know where you are in Wotthing. If you're an ethnic, sexual or political minority there then everyone will hate you.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Is it just me or is the phrase "racial tensions in Worthing" the most oddly hilarious few words ever typed in the same sentence? I spent many happy years man and boy in the town and it ranks as probably THE least tolerant and diverse town I've ever known. It's one of the reasons I love it. You know where you are in Wotthing. If you're an ethnic, sexual or political minority there then everyone will hate you.
:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I see your point entirely.

I always remember the utter disdain some members of The Bexhill & Battle Conservative Association had when their MP Charles Wardle took a job from Mohamed Al Fayed. Mr Wardle stood down at the next General Election and subsequently supported the UKIP candidate Nigel Farage when he stood in Bexhill & Battle in 2001 against the Conservative candidate Greg Barker. Wardle & Farage said the selection of Barker was inappropriate and they really didn't seem to like him. Perhaps they knew something the Bexhill & Battle Conservative's didn't.

5 years later Barker came out as gay and left his wife and children for an Irish male interior designer. The Bexhill & Battle Conservative Association were not entirely happy at this development.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here