Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can I give/sell my ST or not.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It will not be long before STHs are asked to upload a passport style photo for the Club to store. On scanning your ST card at the turnstile for a home game, your photo will show on a small screen facing the stewards inside the turnstile, and they will make a comparison check. It will not be long.

Sorry, with the volume of STHs it just isn’t practical to check every face against every swiped ST... won’t happen!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick when I understood from earlier messages from the club that I was liable to lose my ST if I were to lend it or sell it to a friend for a match I couldn’t make!

I have now just received this email:-

As a supporter holding a concession season ticket (65+, U21, U18 or U10) you are reminded that, if you personally can't make a match, you can upgrade your ticket so it can be used by an adult.

With a number of evening matches between now and the end of the season, we realise that supporters may wish to take the opportunity to upgrade tickets, rather than leave the seat empty. You can upgrade a maximum of six times in a season.

So can I, or anyone else, just ‘lend’ out their ST?

I knew the day when POTG went over a quid that this day was coming.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Sorry, with the volume of STHs it just isn’t practical to check every face against every swiped ST... won’t happen!

I agree that it is not possible to check EVERY SINGLE STH face, but I don’t think that’s the intention. Just introducing the technology, and checking a sample, will be enough to scare a lot of people off from even trying it. Because if you do fail such a test, not only does that person not get to see the game, but the STH will get a heavy sanction of some sort too. That will be enough to convince the STH it is not worth taking the risk, and it is better to put it back on the exchange. I don’t think there has to be a change to the STH terms and conditions to bring this in, and (i’ll get shot for saying as much) I understand such consultations are underway to understand cost/benefit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And not exactly fool proof either ; the badly dressed, middle-aged, white, over-weight shaven headed male in the image could be any one of the other 20,000 badly dressed, middle-aged, white, over-weight shaven headed males who watch the Albion.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
And not exactly fool proof either ; the badly dressed, middle-aged, white, over-weight shaven headed male in the image could be any one of the other 20,000 badly dressed, middle-aged, white, over-weight shaven headed males who watch the Albion.

The amount of times either myself or one of my ST holding family can`t go(about four games per season)....Not being able to let someone else go would prob mean myself and two sons wouldn`t keep our ST. There are surely many others in same situation.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If you asked for the club's written permission to lend a season ticket to a friend for one or a few one-off games, would they give it? Has anyone tried?

Pretty sure if you look on your ticket history on the website, it shows when a ticket has been upgraded. Thus meeting the club's "Written permission" obligations.

PB is good at the late night emails so ask him directly! :wink:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's always been accepted that season tickets can be passed on to a relative/mate if you can't make the match. Our group regularly do it, I took my son to the Fulham game on his granddads season ticket without an issue.

What the club are against is season tickets being passed on via touts or openly sold on, at much greater prices than face value.

Your last few words are nonsense. It doesn’t matter what the price is. They banned people for selling below face value last season.

I think most of us are, and have always been, against those who sell on above face value.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty sure if you look on your ticket history on the website, it shows when a ticket has been upgraded. Thus meeting the club's "Written permission" obligations.

PB is good at the late night emails so ask him directly! :wink:

No, that a simple upgrade and doesn't cover the 'handing to mate' scenario that the T&Cs technically state written permission is needed for............

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Don’t count it out. Consultations could be ‘already ongoing with suppliers’, who knows......

You could well be right but it would certainly be a misguided policy.

I have no idea of the % of STHs that can't attend games but let's say it is 5% (work, holidays, illness etc). If you can't pass the ticket to a mate because of the "photocard" then you have 5% less bums on seats. You also lose the additional income on "extras" (programmes, food, drink etc) and would have to employ far more stewards if there is going to be an id check at every turnstile.

It would be daft and impractical.

But then 12 months ago who would have thought that Barber would have taken against flasks and banned them from the ground? So clearly anything is possible.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I agree that it is not possible to check EVERY SINGLE STH face, but I don’t think that’s the intention. Just introducing the technology, and checking a sample, will be enough to scare a lot of people off from even trying it. Because if you do fail such a test, not only does that person not get to see the game, but the STH will get a heavy sanction of some sort too. That will be enough to convince the STH it is not worth taking the risk, and it is better to put it back on the exchange. I don’t think there has to be a change to the STH terms and conditions to bring this in, and (i’ll get shot for saying as much) I understand such consultations are underway to understand cost/benefit.
Seems high cost, low benefit really.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You could well be right but it would certainly be a misguided policy.

I have no idea of the % of STHs that can't attend games but let's say it is 5% (work, holidays, illness etc). If you can't pass the ticket to a mate because of the "photocard" then you have 5% less bums on seats. You also lose the additional income on "extras" (programmes, food, drink etc) and would have to employ far more stewards if there is going to be an id check at every turnstile.

It would be daft and impractical.

But then 12 months ago who would have thought that Barber would have taken against flasks and banned them from the ground? So clearly anything is possible.

Wouldn't it just force (encourage) the 5% to put their tickets on the exchange ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Your last few words are nonsense. It doesn’t matter what the price is. They banned people for selling below face value last season.

I think most of us are, and have always been, against those who sell on above face value.

Did they? I know the club went after someone selling on Facebook but that wasn't below face value.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did they? I know the club went after someone selling on Facebook but that wasn't below face value.

Yes they did. I know 2 personally who got bans for advertising on Facebook at below face value because of a last minute change of plan.

The club just did a standard letter and ban response to their appeals despite the circumstances being very different.

I’m still angry about it over 6 months on, and I wasn’t even directly involved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here