Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ipads smashed as a punishment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What lessons does it teach the kids?
1) Resort to violence when don't get your own way.
2) Don't appreciate the value of money.
3) You will eventually give in (in 1-2 years time) when you buy them a replacement!
She really is an idiot.
If this wasn't public, she'd have them a replacement within a week.

To be honest, if I did it, I hope I'd get them a replacement pretty quick too, and tell them it was my fault for over-reacting, and I had to pay for my mistake.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
When my children were of an age when they needed punishment iirc sent to room with no devices worked, I was and still am very fortunate to have three very respectful and responsible children who I can honestly say have never caused me any real trouble when they were younger when I reflect!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So she had a temper tantrum or is just plain nasty, either way not great parenting.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Would you care to enlighten us as to which LP it was. Not that it should in any way alter our sympathy and empathy for your obvious distress at the time, I'm just curious. My guess is Cliff and the Shadows or you could turn this into a competition with perhaps a few clues for guidance.

Beatles Please please me.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
She has lots of other techniques for looking after her spawn!

I particularly enjoyed reading about her method of putting her kids in economy whilst she was in 1st class/business when flying! Let the commoners and flight attendants look after your offspring I say!

Not really, the woman is a menace.

In fairness, kids in upper class are incredibly irritating so I agree she should cluck off down the back with them. There aren't many people I detest more on TV than Allsopp which is a shame because I like Location.....

Don’t think of it as ‘going too far’. More that she clearly is a stupid upper class idiot, entirely detached from life’s realities, born into titled privilege with no respect for the value of money. What an utterly embarrassing thing to admit to doing.

Cow.

Quite, and teaching her kids that violence is an appropriate 'punishment', marvellous.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed .... the only way to destroy an iPad is to wrap it in silver foil and cook it in the microwave for ten mintues .... blighters are indestructable.

This isn't strictly true. From experience, the best way to render an (oldish) iPad entirely unusable, is to allow the IOS software updates.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In fairness, kids in upper class are incredibly irritating so I agree she should cluck off down the back with them. There aren't many people I detest more on TV than Allsopp which is a shame because I like Location.....

Quite, and teaching her kids that violence is an appropriate 'punishment', marvellous.

I remember watching a Morse episode, and he mentioned in relation to the upper class, as 'rich and thick', which I thought was very apt.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I particularly enjoyed reading about her method of putting her kids in economy whilst she was in 1st class/business when flying! Let the commoners and flight attendants look after your offspring I say!

You'd be surprised how many 'normal' people do this. I was on a work trip to the US recently in Premium Economy and the cabin was full of 10-16 year olds whose parents were in Business Class and would occasionally pop back to check on them and then go back to their seats. I was amazed

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You'd be surprised how many 'normal' people do this. I was on a work trip to the US recently in Premium Economy and the cabin was full of 10-16 year olds whose parents were in Business Class and would occasionally pop back to check on them and then go back to their seats. I was amazed

I don't fly business class or long haul, but when booking a budget airline, I never pre-book seats in the hope I'm forced not to sit with my kids.:lolol:

My disappointment is probably clear on my face when some do-gooder gets up and says they're happy to swap with me so I can sit with them....'are you sure, seriously I'm quite happy down here, no really you don't have to, NO REALLY....'

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
She has lots of other techniques for looking after her spawn!

Not really, the woman is a menace.

It's not that uncommon. Gordon Ramsay had already come out about doing the same, but it didn't provoke anywhere the size of backlash as Kirsty Allsopp got for stating the same >>> https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...y-flying-luxury-flights-airline-a7764416.html

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here