Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
All the best Sam - you scored some cracking goals for us, had some bizarre celebrations and were an integral part of the promotion train surfing spectacular. Thanks for your part in the Albion's rise - here's to an injury free season, plenty of goals and Reading fans giving you the kudos and encouragement you deserve ����

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just had a look at readings fans forum they are apparently underwhelmed with the signing of Baldock!!!!!!!!

I for one is very sorry to see him go, Sam always gave 100% a great team player who is quick and draws defenders making space for others.
Sadly often used out of position which he did without any complaints, a major part of our promotion team he is a cleaver player who has scored a few cracking goals.

sadly hit by a few injuries which hopefully he has now overcome and I look forward to seeing how he gets on.

Thanks Sam and good luck ����

Message to the Reading fans, Sam is a really good signing for you special message to your fans who are underwhelmed!!!!! you really are right k***bs

SB is more than good enough for relegation fodder Reading. Lucky to have him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Baldock for me was a hard-working, injury prone non-goalscoring striker for us.....Yes , likable, but will I miss him ....No !.....Sorry .....
Yeah, what exactly did he do for us? Except be a good part of the best two seasons of football I've ever seen us play.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Reading fans you should not be underwhelmed. He is a very good player. We are sad to see him leave. Always gives 110% and with a bit of luck would have played a lot more games here. Good luck Sam and hope you get a full season under your belt!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What was the fee in the end

As predicted by others on NSC over the weekend.

IMG_2766.PNG

Can't be far wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All the best Sam - you scored some cracking goals for us, had some bizarre celebrations and were an integral part of the promotion train surfing spectacular. Thanks for your part in the Albion's rise - here's to an injury free season, plenty of goals and Reading fans giving you the kudos and encouragement you deserve ����

My favourite was at Barnsley...cracking win there too

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Baldock for me was a hard-working, injury prone non-goalscoring striker for us.....Yes , likable, but will I miss him ....No !.....Sorry .....

Unlucky with injuries, but SB was a key member of the brilliant promotion squad. Carrying a different threat, pace and directness on goal, from Murray and Hemed.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
94 appearances, 20 goals (including the own goal he claimed to have scored against Bristol City). His strike rate won't be much better with Reading, that's not his game. I don't know much about Reading's squad, but they're going to need a good quality partner for him, the easiest service imaginable and an acceptance that the most visible thing he does during the majority of his appearances, when not injured, is sprinting after a ball as if to take a quick corner/free kick/throw in but never actually doing it because it's an empty threat. Oh, and he'll try and wind up the opposition as much as possible. 4 goals in a season where we nearly got relegated, another 4 for a team who finished 3rd and then 12 for a team which should have won the league. That third season he was perfectly acceptable and from time to time, he had an absolute stormer. QPR at the Amex being the main one.

Obviously, I'm glad he's left. :whisky: But he was an important player in our promotion winning team, he himself celebrated it as if he was Murray, Stockdale or Knockaert but his contribution will never be forgotten and he will go down in our history. Players come and players go. Is he the last of the Burke/Hyypia signings to leave?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think that's the point. "you just don't know"

Harsh comment there Phoenix. Please note that there is zero evidence we’ve tied the two deals together, as we undoubtedly should have done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Harsh comment there Phoenix. Please note that there is zero evidence we’ve tied the two deals together, as we undoubtedly should have done...

Well i don't know either !! Sorry, I've just read Dwayne again and got confused.

theboybilly

It's a hard read is that Reading forum...I thought that layout went out with the ark! Anyway it would appear they don't fancy our Sam at all. Shame he couldn't have signed for a more welcoming club. I hope he scores a hat-trick every week but they always lose 4-3. SB is too good for Reading FC

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well i don't know either !! Sorry, I've just read Dwayne again and got confused.

That's what known, scientifically, as your own silly fault or, in layman's language Dwaynerissimus Bumbakissimus. :lolol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Thank you for the apology. But I admit I don’t know; I just think we need to use everything we can to shift Reading’s silly high Moore price in a downward direction.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Got themselves a very good player and wish Sam all the very best. Will always be remembered and welcome at the Amex in years to come by the Albion faithful.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's a hard read is that Reading forum...I thought that layout went out with the ark! Anyway it would appear they don't fancy our Sam at all. Shame he couldn't have signed for a more welcoming club. I hole he scores a hat-trick every week but they always lose 4-3. SB is too good for Reading FC

Screenshot_20180730-212311.png

I wish him him all the luck, at that tinpot club of biscuit nibblers, he's going to need it, given by the above post, only just evolving from the knuckle dragging era!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I still can’t make my mind up if Sam Baldock is a good player or not. He threatened to break through but never really got going for us.
bit of an enigma .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here