Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Hove Lawns blighted

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
You may think you're being humorous but that is a racist term, and could land you in court.

Mr Putdown is one of the good guys.

Pathetic reply. So sorry if you were offended.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I’ve been occasionally useful to both members of this board, and indeed your club, down the years, despite the rivalry. I don’t take the piss and restrict myself to threads about Sussex and those that involve Palace.

I don’t need to put up with shit from someone like you that, looking at your joining date has possibly attended fewer games at both the Goldstone and Withdean than me, but I do.

I feed the pigeons, I sometimes feed the seagulls too.
It give me an enormous sense of well being.

Have a good night.

Poor Mr Putdown.:cry:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I’ve been occasionally useful to both members of this board, and indeed your club, down the years, despite the rivalry. I don’t take the piss and restrict myself to threads about Sussex and those that involve Palace.

I don’t need to put up with shit from someone like you that, looking at your joining date has possibly attended fewer games at both the Goldstone and Withdean than me, but I do.

I feed the pigeons, I sometimes feed the seagulls too.
It give me an enormous sense of well being.

Have a good night.

I hope that means you missed out on Gillingham. Man alive that was grim.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
And some idiot in the Argus reported a comment like this as hate speech!

Quote"The council will do nothing to prevent this filth turning up year in year out and it is the local businesses and residents who suffer but now enough is enough. These vermin bring nothing but filth and grief, no respect and no compromise whatsoever. More managed and permanent sites for travellers has been muted. As a suggestion how about 9 or 10 miles out to sea.

I reported this vile comment to the Argus moderators yesterday as hate speech, yet it's still here. What exactly are the moderators for if not to clean up revolting comments like this...?

As others have mentioned, that's hate speech in a nutshell. That said, we've got to come up with a solution that balances the lifestyle of travellers with that of the more traditional UK resident, it's clearly not right that they occupy these places. Not right and not fair.

BTW, I wonder if the Argus poster was being clever and funny when they wrote 'muted'.....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The subject matter I commented on has absolutely nothing to do with which football team I support.

Only a NSC JCL would accuse me of being a “useless pikey lowlife” whose ‘turned up on this board’ when I’ve been been a member for ten years longer than you, my accuser.

Just grow up and keep the juvenile rivalry comments to threads about football.

Don't worry about Wellesley: he's one of the 'special' people.
I've found just stick him on ignore and your time on NSC improves.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Don't worry about Wellesley: he's one of the 'special' people.
I've found just stick him on ignore and your time on NSC improves.

Ahhh, here he is, TSB AKA ITK. Pretending to be in the know since 2003. He's a fragile sort of chap, so please try and believe his lies, or else you might end up on his ignore list, which believe you me is a very dark, lonely and desolate place.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The subject matter I commented on has absolutely nothing to do with which football team I support.

Only a NSC JCL would accuse me of being a “useless pikey lowlife” whose ‘turned up on this board’ when I’ve been been a member for ten years longer than you, my accuser.

Just grow up and keep the juvenile rivalry comments to threads about football.

14 years on a rival's forums and well over a thousand posts.

You need serious help fella

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Back to the OP, we are due our annual invasion soon too.

We pay the taxes that the council and police then have to spend dealing with the mess, the increase in crime etc etc. They don't! Do they actually contribute anything to society as a whole?

Maybe if the authorities took draconian action against the parents for not sending their children to school (and I'm talking attendance at the same school) like the rest of society has to, there would be a chance that the cycle could be broken. It's ridiculous that schools fine parents who take their kids out of school for a week or two yet there appears to be no sanctions at all for the travellers who fail to ensure that their kids receive a proper education.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's thanks to other fans like Mr Putdown and the REMF Palace crew, that we have the Amex.

We have the AMEX because of Palace fans? That's a new one. And there was me thinking that it was Mr Bloom investing over £200m of his own money. I must be really daft.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
We have the AMEX because of Palace fans? That's a new one. And there was me thinking that it was Mr Bloom investing over £200m of his own money. I must be really daft.

Maybe you don't realise quite how many fans of other clubs supported Brighton in the dark days at the end of the Goldstone, how many supported their campaign for a new ground. Tony Bloom provided the finance, there's far more to the story than that, as you probably should know.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
The lowest form of shite,these filth could not give a blind cobblers wanc,vermin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Were he alive, and on NSC, I imagine Herr Himmler would have given a thumbs up to your comment. You are talking about human beings, ffs, the same species as yourself.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And some idiot in the Argus reported a comment like this as hate speech!

Quote"The council will do nothing to prevent this filth turning up year in year out and it is the local businesses and residents who suffer but now enough is enough. These vermin bring nothing but filth and grief, no respect and no compromise whatsoever. More managed and permanent sites for travellers has been muted. As a suggestion how about 9 or 10 miles out to sea.

I reported this vile comment to the Argus moderators yesterday as hate speech, yet it's still here. What exactly are the moderators for if not to clean up revolting comments like this...?

It is hate speech.

However, as much as I respect people's right to their own lifestyle, the travelers in this town have done themselves no favours over the years.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Cycled past at 09:30 and three police cars were parked up.
Looked like officers were requesting the travelling community to move on and issusing paperwork for those caravan owners!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It is hate speech.

However, as much as I respect people's right to their own lifestyle, the travelers in this town have done themselves no favours over the years.

Just out of interest which group of these do travellers come from?
"Hate speech is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity"

I think anyone who abuses their envirnoment and intimidate local residents and have no respect for other people are vile. Is that hate speech?
If so, report me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here