Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Leicester fans

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I don't know what to make of this. I'm a massive non league fan as you know and in most cases it is friendly and trouble free, however I've been to matches where an unexpected travelling element has turned up and without a presence of stewards or old bill it's been carnage

as have I, but in general there is just so much less hassle and all of this nonsense! The wittiest, funniest and non offensive chants I've heard have been 15 away fans signing at some non league game in step 4 or whatever.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Put up signs at every gate and every bar etc saying offensive/hateful language will not be tolerated and could lead to ejection from the ground and banning from all matches, plus possible arrest. Also state that stewards are fitted with video monitoring cameras to ensure the safety and friendly atmosphere that the club deserves. (Tailor to taste but keeping essentially the same message, add branding/inclusivism message)

Post teams of two stewards at the front/to the side of the loutish areas of the crowd. Try to cover as many angles as budget/space allows. All are wearing HD go-pro helmets. Record everything onto mini sd cards in the device. One in every pair of stewards (perhaps the most senior) will be equipped with short wave radio on a Bluetooth headset. Each "team" of stewards can work together to identify offenders, gaining multiple recording angles and strengthening evidence to prevent mistaken identity claims. Noting down the approximate times of the offences would be useful but not mandatory.

After the game, remove the memory cards and upload them onto a computer. This can be done any time before the next match, by anyone delegated by the Data Controller for the club. As long as the data is stored securely (i.e. on a password protected computer in a locked office, with no network access, to prevent possible loss of data/accusations of breaches of the Data Protection Act)

A (trained?) employee studies footage before the next home game, possibly with a club police liaison. Print out mugshots of worst/all offenders. Provide these to stewards. As the offenders enter the ground, OB ready to nick them (if deemed necessary) or club officials ready to identify them and give notice to leave immediately, telling them their season ticket is cancelled, depending on policy.

Do this five times every season - or every game if budget allows.

Costings

20x Go Pro Cameras with 16gb minisd's - free/nominal (endorsement on posters/website saying we use Go-Pro/whatever brand - the commercial manager should get a good deal here)

Dedicated FM license rental - £30-50 per match

I'm assuming they'll already have radios but otherwise I'd expect a good deal on those too as a "club partner".

The steward costs would be the same as we are simply repurposing their role, so no additional cost there. Perhaps an extra 4 hours training per head would be prudent rather than "learning on the job", to ensure fewer hiccups.

1x staff member to edit video, take screenshots and print captures. Then liaise with club secretary or line manager.

I'm sorry, but was that so hard? I don't need a six figure salary to apply common sense. The above steps would eliminate homophobia from the game forever. If the Leicester chairman wants to pay me a consultation fee, however...

Blimey! Are you on glue!?
It's easy. If stewards spot people chanting homophobic abuse they pull them out of the crowd and hand them
to the police.
Some will get caught, some won't. It's life, it's football, it's not really that big a deal.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Is this not all being blown completely out of proportion? It was a select group of knobs, im sure Leicester will be looking into it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Blimey! Are you on glue!?
It's easy. If stewards spot people chanting homophobic abuse they pull them out of the crowd and hand them
to the police.
Some will get caught, some won't. It's life, it's football, it's not really that big a deal.

If that happened, which it doesn't (or doesn't enough at any rate) it wouldn't be an issue every week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unfortunately the singing/comments will never be totally banished from our game! I think it's magnified because we are in the Premier! Well done to Leicester FC stewards for stepping up!

It isn't magnified because we're in the Prem. Leicester has always been bad for homophobic chanting. I can remember 'we can see you sucking cock' several years ago. I had enough points for a ticket, but chose not to go to this game, because it is such a hateful place to go.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
What does that have to do with anything?

And why are you making assumptions about my politics?

You seem to have discovered the answer to the most pressing criminal issue of our times, namely homophobic chanting at football matches.

On that basis I thought you could deploy your wisdom to a more minor issue such as preventing Islamic terrorists from running people over......you've cracked the big one, now try that little tiddler.

And I do know your political views......Freedom is slavery.......I'm correct aren't I?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You seem to have discovered the answer to the most pressing criminal issue of our times, namely homophobic chanting at football matches.

On that basis I thought you could deploy your wisdom to a more minor issue such as preventing Islamic terrorists from running people over......you've cracked the big one, now try that little tiddler.

And I do know your political views......Freedom is slavery.......I'm correct aren't I?

I don't have the skills and expertise needed to do that, and I don't have an opinion as I'd be unable to back it up. However, on the issue I chose to talk about, I created a solution which would work. People might not like it, but it would work.

Wait till we play palace. It will be nonstop.

Up at Palace when we drew 1-1 I was in the Holmsdale and they were singing more about taking it up the arse than they were supporting their own team. Millwall down at the Amex like to accuse us all of having AIDS. However i was once in the Millwall end at Selhurst (don't ask) and Millwall thought it was hilarious to change the words of that shitty woah woah song to "you take it up the arse...,you take it up the arse.." so it's clearly those lads with the obsession for it.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Up at Palace when we drew 1-1 I was in the Holmsdale and they were singing more about taking it up the arse than they were supporting their own team. Millwall down at the Amex like to accuse us all of having AIDS. However i was once in the Millwall end at Selhurst (don't ask) and Millwall thought it was hilarious to change the words of that shitty woah woah song to "you take it up the arse...,you take it up the arse.." so it's clearly those lads with the obsession for it.

That's quite witty but would presumably be deemed homophobic and banned.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Put up signs at every gate and every bar etc saying offensive/hateful language will not be tolerated and could lead to ejection from the ground and banning from all matches, plus possible arrest. Also state that stewards are fitted with video monitoring cameras to ensure the safety and friendly atmosphere that the club deserves. (Tailor to taste but keeping essentially the same message, add branding/inclusivism message)

Post teams of two stewards at the front/to the side of the loutish areas of the crowd. Try to cover as many angles as budget/space allows. All are wearing HD go-pro helmets. Record everything onto mini sd cards in the device. One in every pair of stewards (perhaps the most senior) will be equipped with short wave radio on a Bluetooth headset. Each "team" of stewards can work together to identify offenders, gaining multiple recording angles and strengthening evidence to prevent mistaken identity claims. Noting down the approximate times of the offences would be useful but not mandatory.

After the game, remove the memory cards and upload them onto a computer. This can be done any time before the next match, by anyone delegated by the Data Controller for the club. As long as the data is stored securely (i.e. on a password protected computer in a locked office, with no network access, to prevent possible loss of data/accusations of breaches of the Data Protection Act)

A (trained?) employee studies footage before the next home game, possibly with a club police liaison. Print out mugshots of worst/all offenders. Provide these to stewards. As the offenders enter the ground, OB ready to nick them (if deemed necessary) or club officials ready to identify them and give notice to leave immediately, telling them their season ticket is cancelled, depending on policy.

Do this five times every season - or every game if budget allows.

Costings

20x Go Pro Cameras with 16gb minisd's - free/nominal (endorsement on posters/website saying we use Go-Pro/whatever brand - the commercial manager should get a good deal here)

Dedicated FM license rental - £30-50 per match

I'm assuming they'll already have radios but otherwise I'd expect a good deal on those too as a "club partner".

The steward costs would be the same as we are simply repurposing their role, so no additional cost there. Perhaps an extra 4 hours training per head would be prudent rather than "learning on the job", to ensure fewer hiccups.

1x staff member to edit video, take screenshots and print captures. Then liaise with club secretary or line manager.

I'm sorry, but was that so hard? I don't need a six figure salary to apply common sense. The above steps would eliminate homophobia from the game forever. If the Leicester chairman wants to pay me a consultation fee, however...

How about a moat ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you aren't going to use racist/homophobic language, what are you afraid of? Swearing and shouting is fine in my book. You aren't going to get in trouble for calling the Lino a ****. Unless you're in a designated family stand. In which case you should know better and please think of the children.

But isn't that Linoist, or Linophobia? Where do you draw the line? (Level with the last defender I guess)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
She would have been sitting down at the front? Did you see her there?
Did you see her talking to stewards and hear their conversations or are you just having a go on Nsc, where Liz can't answer back?

I've been to lots of matches with Liz so I know how she listens, takes notes, and has written to clubs before and after matches.
She isn't some old lady who doesn't know what she's doing.

[MENTION=365]Napper[/MENTION], we've been fighting this cause for years and people have been arrested in the past, so you don't need to panic about it getting worse.

Where Liz can't answer back? Pray tell......................(PS Pringles are bloody expensive here so don't make me wait too long :thumbsup:)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't have the skills and expertise needed to do that, and I don't have an opinion as I'd be unable to back it up. However, on the issue I chose to talk about, I created a solution which would work. People might not like it, but it would work.

'Created', not offered like most would say :lol:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

You're being too mean modest.

If we want to rid the U.K. Of Islamic terror the Govt could introduce measures that would deal with that constituency of the population.

But then that would be politically unacceptable, wholly extreme and practally disproportionate........in principle then not disimilar to your proposal.

I rest my case.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You're being too mean modest.

If we want to rid the U.K. Of Islamic terror the Govt could introduce measures that would deal with that constituency of the population.

But then that would be politically unacceptable, wholly extreme and practally disproportionate........in principle then not disimilar to your proposal.

I rest my case.
Could you try to be a bit more pompous please. This isn't up to your usual standard. Despite being really pompous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here