• Poll closed .

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Is he called Tim, by any chance?

If so, I'd advise not mocking him unless you're happy to deal with death awaiting you with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There was a bloke I always remember from the Withdean era, great big fat bloke mid to late 50's. I always knew him as the Honey Monster. Always dressed head to toe in Albion apparel, including pin badges all over his coat and hat. Lived in Hove. Very grubby and you could guarantee smelt awful up close. He was always at the gates next to the Sportsman at The Withdean before every match without fail to get the players autographs. I have never seen him at the Amex and he never looked too healthy back in those days, always a fag hanging out his mouth. He is probably watching from the heavens these days but I hope I am wrong. Genuine classic character that is thrown up by football.

I've seen him in Hove in the last month. Looked the same as ever.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Heard he was a pin ball fan too. Burn the JCL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is that photo from last Saturday? If so, then his Wizardry is pretty impressive, because there is a guy in that photo (from the A21 supporters) who I saw in the WSU on the same day. Very strange indeed.
*have to say I didn't notice the Wizard at Colchester away about 8 yrs ago, the match was a Monday night I think, shown live on SKY and the away following was about 200. Bloody freezing it was. None of us were JCLs - well me mates Czech girlfriend who came along was.

Your mate obviously knows how to show a girl a good time ...

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Michael aka North Stand Wizard has been a season ticket holder for over 50 years. A lovely bloke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yes, had a season ticket next to me for 2-3 seasons in the WSU.

Thoroughly genuine chap, who always bought the 'Hat trick' tickets and if he won , he would give them to my children.

He did get very frustrated during the Poyet era, when the back four just passed to each other.

Oh...word of warning....doesn't care for bad language of which I was guilty of on numerous occasions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps he can magic up an official matchday thread

giphy.gif

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Here we go again, another attempt to out somebody as a JCL. He's probably seen more games than a lot of us put together, he may not have gone religiously home and away for the last 60 years, he won't always have had the distinctive look with the beard and I'm sure he's only dressed as a wizard a few times. I've been going on and off since the 80's and can only say that krispies would be a well known terrace "legend" due to him starting songs and being a bit left field. So let's stop the witch/wizard hunts, he seems alright to me.

It's not a witch hunt to out a JCL it's a bit of fun. Blimey.

Think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] needs to create some kind of code so we can use specific emoticons that get across the subtle nuances of our posts to avoid the risk of offending any snowflakes...

So far not one person acknowledges knowing him or having seen him pre-Amex and that to me is interesting given his unique self positioning. It's intriguing.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
For the first couple of seasons at the Amex he sat in WSU (Block H) and used to wear a very old Albion tee-shirt that he must have conjured up from somewhere.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So far not one person acknowledges knowing him or having seen him pre-Amex and that to me is interesting given his unique self positioning. It's intriguing.

Suggest you look 5 posts above yours :facepalm:

He only occasionally wears the outfit and people do tend to change appearance over 50 years

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Michael aka North Stand Wizard has been a season ticket holder for over 50 years. A lovely bloke.

Respect!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It's not a witch hunt to out a JCL it's a bit of fun. Blimey.

Think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] needs to create some kind of code so we can use specific emoticons that get across the subtle nuances of our posts to avoid the risk of offending any snowflakes...

Unique self-positioning? So, he engineered the whole thing did he? I doubt if he has any sway with the club or the makers of this film and was chosen because of his left-field looks/character. Maybe if the NS faithful had not started calling him 'Gandalf' he would just be another fan with a beard. Seems like a genuine bloke to me.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

Thread closed. All the little snides on here who posted that they'd never seen him (with a massive overtone that he was a jcl) can **** off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here