Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we sign Wood I bet it wouldn't take long for people to start getting on his back, and it would be the same people who are desperate to get rid of Hemed .

I didn't realise there was desperation to get rid of Hemed.

The club have made it plain, backed by many fans it seems, that we need a striker or two to compete. It isn't a slur on Hemed, we just need that threat up front to have any chance of scoring the goals to survive. Perhaps Hemed will stay regardless?

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
If we sign Wood I bet it wouldn't take long for people to start getting on his back, and it would be the same people who are desperate to get rid of Hemed .
Nobody is desperate to get rid of Hemed... we just need extra support up top. Wood if he signed, would rightly get flak if he didn't perform, as Barnes did for long spells.... we pay our money, we get the right to form a view.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Whatever the situation regarding Hemed, Wood is unproven at PL level and spending anywhere near to £10m would be imprudent, imho. Season before last I recall watching him on Sky v Burnley hoping Leeds might do us a favour. He was rhubarb.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Club will want 4 first season strikers this season. Currently Baldock, Murray, Hemed +1.
They've some leeway given Brown, izquierdo and Gross are available across the forward line doing various roles.
But Selling a player, as some are arguing, means 2x the difficulty and cost in recruiting the most risky position in the squad. Stick or Twist ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Club will want 4 first season strikers this season. Currently Baldock, Murray, Hemed +1.
They've some leeway given Brown, izquierdo and Gross are available across the forward line doing various roles.
But Selling a player, as some are arguing, means 2x the difficulty and cost in recruiting the most risky position in the squad. Stick or Twist ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it seems sensible to sort out our one striker recruit before adding the additional work of selling one and buying a 2nd striker.

My guess is that Hemed is at least here until January, and maybe beyond.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Whatever the situation regarding Hemed, Wood is unproven at PL level and spending anywhere near to £10m would be imprudent, imho. Season before last I recall watching him on Sky v Burnley hoping Leeds might do us a favour. He was rhubarb.

All our new signings are unproven at Premier League level though.... and i am not saying Wood is my choice he isnt, but at least he has scored must be over 50 goals in the last 2 seasons in a tough English Division...

Certainly way less of a risk than Raphael and less than Zahore who has done it for basically 6 months...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
All our new signings are unproven at Premier League level though.... and i am not saying Wood is my choice he isnt, but at least he has scored must be over 50 goals in the last 2 seasons in a tough English Division...

Certainly way less of a risk than Raphael and less than Zahore who has done it for basically 6 months...

Wood at c£20m or thereabouts , with a handful of Prem apps, is also quite the risk if CH is considering him, which most well sourced reports say we're not.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wood at c£20m or thereabouts , with a handful of Prem apps, is also quite the risk if CH is considering him, which most well sourced reports say we're not.

True, Wood, Zahore, Rapheal all a big risk. Just saying Wood is the only one thats done it over a period of time in a tough league, clearly for that sort of money it rules him out.

Id still rather we went for a loan like Shane Long, I get bored of saying it and people get bored of hearing it.

Stil plenty of players to become available for transfer or loan in this last 2 weeks. Some real Gems could be picked up

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Chris Wood misses more than he scores and CH has seen that for himself when he had him at Birmingham. Missing chances is fine but when you are a club that won't get so many chances I don't see it as an option. I could be wrong but I think the striker is elsewhere but one thing is for sure. 'the elsewhere isn't far off'' - That's timescale and not geographically.

True, Wood, Zahore, Rapheal all a big risk. Just saying Wood is the only one thats done it over a period of time in a tough league, clearly for that sort of money it rules him out.

Id still rather we went for a loan like Shane Long, I get bored of saying it and people get bored of hearing it.

Stil plenty of players to become available for transfer or loan in this last 2 weeks. Some real Gems could be picked up

We certainly all get bored of you mentioning Shane Long - you must be a relative.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Naylor said NO yet? It seems he is the one to turn to these days :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hasn't signed it yet though not that I want him!
Contracts mean diddly theses days apart from bumping up price! Like Pullis said today every player has a price!

It mentions two bids from Burnley and nothing about us.

Has Naylor said NO yet? It seems he is the one to turn to these days :wink:

Several times, but people don't want to listen as they like speculating.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Chris Wood misses more than he scores and CH has seen that for himself when he had him at Birmingham. Missing chances is fine but when you are a club that won't get so many chances I don't see it as an option. I could be wrong but I think the striker is elsewhere but one thing is for sure. 'the elsewhere isn't far off'' - That's timescale and not geographically.

I fear Wood to the PL would be what CMS was to the Championship, leave alone

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here