Be a great addition to the squad.2010 / 11 our
player of the year . Experienced in the Premier
league . Brighton boy . 29 yrs . Does nt look that
keen on Villa either. We will need more
defenders so why Tommy ?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
He's an old fashioned defender. Villa have been playing three across the back and that doesn't suit him. Great personality - he was Bournemouth Claire b captain. I'm. It sure he's right for our current squad but I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Both good ex-players but not what we need. Not MUCH worse than what we have now but no better and we have depth and youth (relatively) there.

I reckon it's a no unless we decided we wanted to play 3 at the back which as pointed out wouldn't suit TE

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I wonder if we might need one central defender as cover for Goldson. There must still be questions on whether he is ok to play. I'd like to get Tomori on loan again...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and people wonder why I get so titsy about Albion fans being so unbelievably narrow minded.

How many centre backs are currently playing world football?
How many are beyond Premier League Brighton?
How many are beneath Premier League Brighton?

The sweet spot must still be in the hundreds, and our fan(s) think Aston Villa substitute Tommy freakin Elphick is the answer.

If it weren't for the fact this is NSC I'd say un-fookin-believable.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
He's on £35,000 p/w at Villa and can't get in the team. Great guy but no thanks.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I wonder if we might need one central defender as cover for Goldson. There must still be questions on whether he is ok to play. I'd like to get Tomori on loan again...

Very much so. Goldson played little this season before the heart operation and did not reach the heights of last season. Now we are a division up. I am sure there will be a central defender coming in and Tomori looks very decent.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Very much so. Goldson played little this season before the heart operation and did not reach the heights of last season. Now we are a division up. I am sure there will be a central defender coming in and Tomori looks very decent.

I'd have that boy all day, even if on another season long loan.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tomori would be nice, like him.
Could quickly become the new Des Walker, but better in the air.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not good enough for Bournemouth in PL not good enough for us in PL

Not even good enough for Villa in the Championship
You're missing the point - the point is that he played for us before! That is the essential (or only) criteria for recruitment on NSC!

Expect to see threads about the return of Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood, Joel Lynch and Stephen Ward any day now. Not to mention Kucsjak (sp?), Gareth Barry, Sam Vokes, et al. Probably not one about Leon Best though.......................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here