Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The real ticket issue?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
On the flip side is there any club that has seen the number of season tickets grow so dramatically over one season, as we did when we moved to the Amex? I feel that may have an effect on the drop, but I can't really back that up.

I can't believe renewals will plummet as low as some suggest. But we are a difficult club to compare against given our amex history. STs in the last season at Withdean were 4k whereas we are told they are now at 21k, dropping from 23k the previous season.

The poll is an interesting barometer given about 500 have voted. The sample is likely to reflect the views of the more dedicated fan (a member of NSC) and so is not a fare overview of the range of fans that currently attend (eg casual fans, disenfranchised PL fans, BHA as second team fans, the never heard of NSC fans!, etc) as such it should be slightly worrying that 15% are saying they will not renew.

Jan 30, 2008
Agreed. And £42 are the best seats in the ground for a few of the matches per season. Ticket prices go as low as £25 for many matches.
The club have already introduced either last year or this; half season tickets, evening season tickets, CAT A,B,C pricing so some matches are cheaper (and others more expensive !!) certain club "season" tickets, kids for a quid, free scarves even that all help reduce pricing substantially if you purchase multiple tickets. In fact the club work quite hard to fill the ground , although they get little credit on here, and they've managed to hold up match day attendances (tickets sold not those turning up which is beyond their control :) pretty well this season with a 25K+ average.
I also think the club doesn't get enough credit for the free direct debits (no interest) for ST and free travel which fans mostly take for granted these days for those buying one off tickets knocks another few quid off the price.
I'd offer discounts for early renewal of tickets or cashback even and i think a freeze on prices for 2015/16 is almost inevitable especially as increases last year were negligible (and frozen for kids).
you call £25 low ?
regards
DR

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bradford are charging £15 and £5 for their FA Cup Quarter Final.

Clubs don't have to always squeeze the maximum out of their fans but I'm afraid that is what we are stuck with for the moment.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The ground needs c20k to feel like it has some vibrancy to it. Unfortunately I won't be renewing but hope to make a few games and given i will make a hefty saving will try out some of the other areas of the ground and pay a bit more.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
you call £25 low ?
regards
DR

I'm not saying £25 is low although its not out of step with the standard (there are multiple offers offered by all clubs that reduce pricing includin the Albion) ticket prices of other Champ clubs.
I'm saying you can't characterise matchday tickets for the Albion as costing £42 as thats obviously only a small percentage of the tickets on sale for only a percentage of matches.

What do you think is reasonable pricing for a matchday ticket in the Championship against Leeds including free travel ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bradford are charging £15 and £5 for their FA Cup Quarter Final.

Clubs don't have to always squeeze the maximum out of their fans but I'm afraid that is what we are stuck with for the moment.

You'd NEVER see those prices here. Well done Bradford.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not saying £25 is low although its not out of step with the standard (there are multiple offers offered by all clubs that reduce pricing includin the Albion) ticket prices of other Champ clubs.
I'm saying you can't characterise matchday tickets for the Albion as costing £42 as thats obviously only a small percentage of the tickets on sale for only a percentage of matches.

What do you think is reasonable pricing for a matchday ticket in the Championship against Leeds including free travel ?
£20
regards
DR

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

The cheapest adult ticket for Leeds is £32. The free travel for me amounts to £3.50 for a return train to and from Lewes as I live beyond the free travel boundary. So for the worst block of seats in the stadium I'd be paying £28.50 and £38.50 for the best view. Strewth...good job I'm a STH!

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
except last year in the 5th round of the cup v Hull. Well done the Albion.
£20 in East and West Stands (i.e. 80% of the home seats) and that was the maximum Barber could charge without it being a farce.

Well done Bradford. Big difference between a fairly routine 5th Round tie, and potentially 30,000 tickets to shift, compared to the fervour of a rare run to the FA Cup Quarter Finals and only 20,000 tickets for home fans...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
When I suggested onWednesday evening to Paul barber that we could be losing up to 20% STH he thought I was miles out, and it wouldn't be that many.

I hope he's right, and in wrong.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When I suggested onWednesday evening to Paul barber that we could be losing up to 20% STH he thought I was miles out, and it wouldn't be that many.

Even if you are right, you'd still be wrong. There would be some divine, unquestionable method of counting that would prove with papal infallibility that you were wrong

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

i have to say 20% seems quite possible to me. I know 4 STHs in my row that won't be renewed and judging by the numbers on here that aren't and the 16-17k crowds we have been getting, it would go so far as to suggest that if it was only 20% that would be a result!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

One only has to look at the empty seats every game to realise that there will be a big fall in the number of season tickets sold. I would imagine a lot of the people with season tickets who haven't turned up much this season won't be renewing.

The product they are selling isn't as good as it was and there is no longer any worry about not getting tickets to games so I think there will be a large drop, unless they drop the price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here