Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Crumpets

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I may be able to trump you all. The other day I was introduced to......toasted malt loaf.

What a game changer, although a pig to dig back out of the toaster, the resulting slightly gooey softness when mixed with the lashings of butter is just incredible and the bit that sticks to your teeth is a gift that keeps giving.

No confusion over cheese or Marmite or such deliberations, just simple butter every time.

I cant believe I have been eating cold malt loaf for 40 years.

Malt loaf and cheese and/or marmite would probably be pretty good.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m keeping everything crossed for you young man.

My brother died of a heart attack four years ago aged 39 , leaving behind a wife and 6 year old son. In fact on the 9th December we remembered four years since his sudden passing. It’s not a subject I find much humour in but do carry on being snide.
I’m not sure why you have come on here for the past two days with the intent of picking a fight with me , on a thread about crumpets of all matters ,but I’m really not interested.
Have a lovely Christmas.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well toasted so they are nice and crunchy, decent spread of Lurpak, then cheese or black pepper for savoury or strawberry jam for sweet.
Accompanied by a good strong cup of tea.
Yum.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Marmite and cheddar cheese mmmmm

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If a hotel breakfast agreed to lavish 2 crumpets with a ladle of butter and a knifeful of Marmite, I would expect a gentle nod from the proprietor to concur that there plate is good for a serious licking.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jam

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Keeping it simple, butter is fine.

Peanut butter is good.

Scrambled egg (even more butter), is surprisingly good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hadn’t had them for a while but got some tonight. Is there much better with a brew?

Now I like mine simple. Just shy of burnt and absolutely pissing in butter.

Simple question: What do you have on your crumpets?

View attachment 102907

Night shift, bored.

Exactly the same as you take them. Gets the old taste buds going just seeing the pic.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You utter *******. I'm sitting at Brighton Station having been up since 5:30 and I'll be on trains until gone 9:00am when I arrive at Tunbridge Wells. I am already VERY hungry and the thought of a couple of hot (salty) buttered crumpets right now would be AMAZING.

Anyway, any of:

- butter
- butter and Marmite
- a mature cheddar, lobbed back under the grill to melt the cheese good and proper
The correct answer

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Had some with red pepper houmous recently. Toast them twice till crunchy but not burned then spread generously. Another good combo, Philadelphia and raspberry jam. Just like a cheesecake. It's normally just butter / butter marmite though.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
First time I've been on here today.

You ********!

I'm all comfy on the sofa watching the footie and I am seriously considering going out and driving two miles just to get some now with a new block of proper butter.

I haven't had crumpets for ages.

And yes, I would lick the plate afterwards too.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My brother died of a heart attack four years ago aged 39 , leaving behind a wife and 6 year old son. In fact on the 9th December we remembered four years since his sudden passing. It’s not a subject I find much humour in but do carry on being snide.
I’m not sure why you have come on here for the past two days with the intent of picking a fight with me , on a thread about crumpets of all matters ,but I’m really not interested.
Have a lovely Christmas.

I’ll make a New Years pact with you, I don’t like your online persona, you seem to have a back catalogue of tragic stories that you connect to every argument you find yourself in on here although whilst I’m certain they are true I see no reason why you’d share them with strangers.

In 2019 I will no longer post in any topic you start nor will I comment anything negative about anything you’ve posted in other threads, will you make the same commitment?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Crumpets are heaven is there a wrong way of eating them?
For me dripping in butter with marmite a molten cheese.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here