Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mitrovic - Murrays replacement?

Mitrovic Murrays replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Dont know

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Rafa plain refused to sell him to a relegation rival, sensible man. Yes he would have been the natural, better (imo), replacement. I believe we tried very hard to get him last season.

Not a hope in hell now but at least it shows our recruitment team are on the ball these days. Mystified how he passed the “no dickheads” policy though :lolol:

Not that sensible, he shouldn’t have sold him in the first place. He’s much better than anyone they’ve got.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I do not get Newcastle's logic. They would not sell to us because we are a relegation rival but are happy to sell to Fulham, a relegation rival.

Maybe after a year in the Premier League they think they are now above such things as relegation scraps. In which case they will not be at all concerned that their last game of the season is away against....

Fulham.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ashley Barnes :thumbsup:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There's some lad who plays upfront for Wycombe who's clearly going to be the new Murray. He's banged in goals for the likes of Peterborough plus he has trademark characteristics of a Golden Labrador when on the pitch. Mitrovic is just another Ashley Barnes. We need to look deeper for forwards.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
No I dont think we will re visit old ground in this one. We tried last season to get him but he was no allowed to join a prem team who could have sunk Newcastle. By the time Murray retires (maybe end of this season given no contract talks are taking place) I think the Albion will have a list of who they think will replace him already drawn up and are just playing the waiting game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At least Mitrovic makes a better job of doing the hand ball thing than Muzza!
It would be a no for me , we have Andone to carry on GM mantle :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whether or not he would have become the 'New Murray' I don't know - I think, FWIW, he had as good a chance of doing that as any, but Newcastle wouldn't let us have him in January, he went to Fulham, they loved him and bought him. That particular horse has now bolted, I'm afraid - unless he's got a low sell-on clause and Fulham go down; one of those might happen, but not both, I think.

D

Deleted member 18477

He's better than us currently...

See how many goals he has come the end of the season, if he has 15+ a top 8 team will want him...
Top 6 plus Everton and Leicester... Everton really need a good striker.

P.s we don't sign good strikers anyway...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here