Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Didn't Paul Barber say he hopes to have 1 or 2 in before the fans forum (or words to that effect) on BBC Sussex Radio this morning or did I not hear that right?

I don't know - I asked earlier if anyone had any news from that. When's the fan's forum?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't Paul Barber say he hopes to have 1 or 2 in before the fans forum (or words to that effect) on BBC Sussex Radio this morning or did I not hear that right?
Excellent. Just the sort of refreshing positive statement I hoped we'd get at some point.

:albion2:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Excellent. Just the sort of refreshing positive statement I hoped we'd get at some point.

:albion2:

1 or 2?...wait for the statement ....'this window has been very difficult, we have tried our best to bring players in but we just can't compete with the likes of Huddersfield and Swansea'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite unbelievable just how much our club talked the talked and are failing to walk the walk.

Not as unbelievable as how quick some Albion fans, REVEL in attacking the club at the first opportunity, despite them barely putting a collective foot wrong in about 3 years.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Did he really say that. You know hopes to have maybe 1 or perhaps 2 in by a couple of days before our first game. God that is very worrying if true. Why if we have been scouting these players for perhaps 3 years are we not in a position to act. In my simple mind if say fee or wages are an issue why have them on if in the first place.
Such a hard won promotion to be given up so easily as it stands.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Quite unbelievable just how much our club talked the talked and are failing to walk the walk.

What an astonishingly ****ing ridiculous post. You have absolutely no idea what is going on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why if we have been scouting these players for perhaps 3 years are we not in a position to act. .

Well we have with one, who failed a medical, not sure how three years of scouting could have foreseen that and how do you know we haven't acted on a number of other players. Who knows if some of the players we are after are not waiting for their agents to see if a more attractive PL club is going to offer anything.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not as unbelievable as how quick some Albion fans, REVEL in attacking the club at the first opportunity, despite them barely putting a collective foot wrong in about 3 years.

Yea, I am DELIGHTED that we look like we're going to sink without a trace in our first season in the top flight in my life time. Utterly BESIDE MYSELF with JOY that I have to watch my team go into the season with barely 20 fit PL capable players.

Honestly people, why on earth is anyone going to REVEL in being annoyed or concerned? It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yea, I am DELIGHTED that we look like we're going to sink without a trace in our first season in the top flight in my life time. Utterly BESIDE MYSELF with JOY that I have to watch my team go into the season with barely 20 fit PL capable players.

Honestly people, why on earth is anyone going to REVEL in being annoyed or concerned? It just doesn't make sense.

There are a number of posters on this site who are pretty much relentlessly negative about everything Albion. They don't really seem to ENJOY being Albion fans at all, frankly.

Can't see the appeal myself..

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
There are a number of posters on this site who are pretty much relentlessly negative about everything Albion. They don't really seem to ENJOY being Albion fans at all, frankly.

Can't see the appeal myself..

You can go through my posts as much as you want, my mood relating to Albion changes more often than the weather. But I never ever want to feel pessimistic about anything.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'd be interested to hear how those lauding the 'cluster' approach to transfers would explain last year's Pritchard fiasco. Why did we not bring in another AMC/10 on our list? Was Pritchard 5th choice of the cluster?

I think we will likely pick up a good winger and a decent couple of loans for back line cover and cover in forward areas, but I can't help but feel concerned about a permanent CM and how quiet we are on the permanent striker front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here