Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the scariest moment of your life?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hearing a new investor in the club by the name of Bill Archer, circa '93...Terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In all seriousness, for a sheer panic adrenalin rush in slow motion it's got to be losing control of a car at high speed, temporarily. We've all done it I'm sure eg slippery, too fast on a corner etc. For a moment you think 'OMG' before traction returns and you've got control again. But that's a very scary moment when it happens and leaves your heart pounding!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Probably,getting on a Hercules at Brize Norton for a flight to Oman,via Cyprus,when one had gone into the Irish Sea the week before with metal fatigue of the wing root.We drove past the rejects where weights on the wings had given them brewers droop.Then,subsequently,having two engine failures and return to Brize,I certainly didn't expect to see another 40-odd years!
That's amazing.

I genuinely thought you were about 15 years old.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Last Wednesday. My daughter was off school after not feeling well ,being minded by mum (Mrs Diffbrook). About 2.45 my daughter (10yrs) was shaking, fitting and generally unresponsive on the sofa. My wife pulled her over and she had a blue face and a rash all over her body. My wife thought the worst - meningitis.

An ambulance was called and I was called at work by a neighbour. Time just seemed to move so slowly and I felt helpless. I drove at top speed to Hospital. I was worried out of my mind that it was meningitis or a epileptic fit. When the ambulance arrived with my little one (now sitting up), alert with a breathing mask on her face, I just cried like a baby. A mixture of concern, but with relief that she seemed ok.

An overnight stay as a precaution. The cause: Severe tonsillitis, with a fever that spiked and caused what is known as a Rigor. No further worry, but really scary to witness.
Must have been truly terrifying. Glad all's ok.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After weeks of tight chest and feeling out of breath, shuffling into A&E and being whisked into a cubicle and being told I was having a heart attack and being told to " stay awake"! After three days of tests, some doctor telling me there was nothing wrong with me and sending me home adjusting my BP pills. Laura going after him and shouting at him until he agreed to a CT scan where as she suspected I had blood clots, hundreds of them all over my lungs. I owe her my life! Luckily warfarin etc is keeping me going!

The worst time of your life, I think is seeing your children poorly and those of you who know Laura, will know where I am coming from, but she was having a general anaesthetic and I had to carry her to the operating ante room and she was so scared ..I held her as they put on the " magic cream" and gave her the anaesthetic to put her to sleep. I can't tell you how devastated I felt. I was the happiest guy in the world when she was wheeled back on to the ward some 8 hours later looking tired by smiling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here