Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Oh, my commuter bike is increasingly turning into being a "clown" bike as my rear wheel is nowhere near round. The front rim is worn down. The pair of them have done 6,000 miles so it feels a bit early to change them. I could fudge along with swapping a front wheel of my parts shelf and getting the rear trued (or continue to ride like a clown!). However, soon(ish) they'll be in the bin and a new wheelset will be fitted.

Googling about has led me to Strada wheels of Worthing, and I wondered if anyone could give me some feedback as to whether they've ridden wheels recently built by them??

Plan B is to get another rim with the same number of holes and tape it to the existing wheel, then swap over the spokes one by one. I mean, how hard can wheelbuilding be??
Plan C is new bike as my drive train is a bit worn down, and my pannier rack has almost worn away in places despite lots of protective tape.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh, my commuter bike is increasingly turning into being a "clown" bike as my rear wheel is nowhere near round. The front rim is worn down. The pair of them have done 6,000 miles so it feels a bit early to change them. I could fudge along with swapping a front wheel of my parts shelf and getting the rear trued (or continue to ride like a clown!). However, soon(ish) they'll be in the bin and a new wheelset will be fitted.

Googling about has led me to Strada wheels of Worthing, and I wondered if anyone could give me some feedback as to whether they've ridden wheels recently built by them??

Plan B is to get another rim with the same number of holes and tape it to the existing wheel, then swap over the spokes one by one. I mean, how hard can wheelbuilding be??
Plan C is new bike as my drive train is a bit worn down, and my pannier rack has almost worn away in places despite lots of protective tape.

Not Strada but I loves my Hunt wheels from Partridge Green.
https://www.huntbikewheels.com/

When I first spun them round I thought they'd invented perpetual motion.

I'll be getting a disc brake set next winter, for my hack.
Even though the wheels on that might not even have 1000 miles on the clock.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can we do better than a goat?

strava-goat-2.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/15/perth-cyclists-ride-130-miles-create-outline-goat-map/

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Is there a Velogames League being set up for the Fantasy Cycling this year?

On a separate note, it feels nice to be back out on two wheels this week after a layoff since December. The legs are made of concrete at the moment, but I cant wait to be out regularly again :eek:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there a Velogames League being set up for the Fantasy Cycling this year?

Nah 1066 did a league for the Aussie season opener, back in January, then had a mini tantie when everyone ignored him.
He then took his bat and ball home and nobody has mentioned it since. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brilliant.

That's about the only way you could convince me to cover the same ground on one ride.

You've never seen eyes roll back further in heads as to when half way through I ride, I say:-

'but that's the way we came'.

From which point they know the easiest and, most importantly, quietest way to get home is an awkward 5 mile detour.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm sure someone at Brighton Excelsior mentioned Stradas too me a while back as worth looking at. At the time I was contemplating some Hunt Wheels but ended up buying another bike...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey that was some ride by Sagan.

As much as they both sandbagged I'm pleased Alaphilippe, I rider I like, stayed third.
Gutted for Sagan, but MK rode well to win, being the rider to initially chase Sagan down, did well to win, esp on the back of Strada Bianche.

[tweet]843140237790498817[/tweet]

So [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION], what are Prendas knocking out?

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah fair play to Sagan. Shame he just missed out.

Prendas have got some Ducati kit and I'm gonna get me a softshell.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nah 1066 did a league for the Aussie season opener, back in January, then had a mini tantie when everyone ignored him.
He then took his bat and ball home and nobody has mentioned it since. :lolol:

It was my bloody jumpers we were using for goalposts as well, so I've taken them home too :flounce:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh pleeeze do. Pretty please!

The current comp is for all the Spring Classics. The only comp where transfers are permitted as you pick for about 5 very different races and so have to change riders in and out accordingly. It closed today as MSR was the first race. Careful planning required for that comp and I just couldn't be bothered this year, seeing as how I had no one to play with and all that :(

Nothing to stop you visiting their site and setting up a league for future races. Can't be that hard to do as even SB and Motogull have managed to do it in the past :wink:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Finally made it out this morning. Tendon/calf muscle okay now. Sadly, throat problem persists. I really thought Sod's law meant that once I saw GP it would clear itself. 4+ weeks of pain on swallowing and a feeling of a far too tight tie on. Swab and bloods clear, so no obvious diagnosis there. Off to hospital then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All hail the King of Crackling...

...for that is I.

:bowdown: :flypig: :bowdown:

Once again I have knocked my training 'regime' back by a fair few calories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here