drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Supply and Demand
Fewer games for the club to earn match day revenue
Paying to see the best football in the world (subjective) at the Amex
At sport (and anything TBH) you pay more the better it is

You totally ignore the astronomical increase in revenue from TV that the club will receive.

From my point of view I think the increases are totally unjustifiable. To put it into correct context, I currently spend £565 for 23 league games which equates to £24.56 per game. Let's assume we get promoted, I'll be paying £590 for just 19 home games, equating to £31.05. That is an actual increase of 26.9%. The club can dress it up as only 2-5% but that is a blatant deception. If you bought something at a supermarket and they put the price up but reduced the quantity you were buying you wouldn't be happy.

No doubt the club will be banging on about increases for the transport policy but let's not forget that they will have four games less to pay for the transit!

I generally have been happy with how the club has been run under Barber but this is a bit of a slap in the face for loyal fans. I'm aware that Tony Bloom will no doubt be seeking to recover some of his outlay from the new TV revenue and that's fair enough.

And for the record, I use the P&R and will be renewing, as I have done for the last 40 years. Unlike supermarkets, you can't switch your allegiance over price.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If any one is genuinely upset or cross about the club putting in a small price increase, then they can **** right off. Everything bloom has put in and people bitch about a small increase coming after he froze it last season despite improving the squad. ****ing **** me. We have some seriously misguided ***** as fans.

Why don't you just do one. Season ticket prices weren't frozen last year so get your facts right. Just under a 3% increase last year and a whopping 24% increase this year if we go up. I shall be renewing, irrespective of moronic comments from muppets like you.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You totally ignore the astronomical increase in revenue from TV that the club will receive.

From my point of view I think the increases are totally unjustifiable. To put it into correct context, I currently spend £565 for 23 league games which equates to £24.56 per game. Let's assume we get promoted, I'll be paying £590 for just 19 home games, equating to £31.05. That is an actual increase of 26.9%. The club can dress it up as only 2-5% but that is a blatant deception. If you bought something at a supermarket and they put the price up but reduced the quantity you were buying you wouldn't be happy.

Isn't £30 still decent though in today's market? I know it might be alot for some, but for instance I just paid Barnsley that much.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Isn't £30 still decent though in today's market? I know it might be alot for some, but for instance I just paid Barnsley that much.

Surely a season ticket should be considerably cheaper than a one-off ticket in terms of price per game though?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Personally the price-per-game increase if we went up wouldn't really get to me. I'd still be getting ALL of the Brighton home games and I'd be paying not too much more. I don't think come the end of the season I'd be thinking "I really missed those 4 extra games". In fact, I'd probably have saved money on all the extra costs that going to a game incurs. And they're all midweek so I'd only go home and work/watch TV, it's not like I'd have to find something else to do those nights.

No doubt the club will be banging on about increases for the transport policy but let's not forget that they will have four games less to pay for the transit!

I generally have been happy with how the club has been run under Barber but this is a bit of a slap in the face for loyal fans. I'm aware that Tony Bloom will no doubt be seeking to recover some of his outlay from the new TV revenue and that's fair enough.

And for the record, I use the P&R and will be renewing, as I have done for the last 40 years. Unlike supermarkets, you can't switch your allegiance over price.

Not ignored. Just I don't feel it's relevant. The club is a business and the business needs to make as much money as it can. In our case, to pay back our chairman who has personally invested sums that are hard to comprehend.

The fact the club will earn additional revenue from TV money irrelevant. The club has to make as much money as it can, where it can. And if we are in the Prem, then more games will be sold out, so the club can charge more and make a larger profit, or simply, maybe, a profit.....

An airline sells a ticket to New York for £500 in June. By July the price of fuel has fallen so it costs them less to run the flight. However, school holidays means there is demand so the price goes up, and the airline makes more money.

This is the same scenario. It's called capitalism and its great. If you don't think so, then you could always dab graffiti over your local Mc Donald's........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey. All I said was it "wasn't awful".

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Just looked online. Option to renew my season ticket (adult) found without a problem, nothing about renewing my boys U10 ticket. Any ideas or should I just call the Club?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite fair IMO (in the context of helping TB, not the vastly over inflated criminal world that is footballers wages. And yes, I know it's market determines. But hey markets sometimes suck e.g. 'Housing market in England is broken' headline. Also, Burgess Hill and HH markets were always shit. Anyway, I digress...)

matto.75

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe the club are looking to the following season, if we get promoted this season and then go straight back down, they can freeze the season ticket price or maybe even make a slight reduction to encourage renewals, as some people may think twice about renewing back in the championship. I know parachute payments would come into effect, but the club may think this increase would give the a bit of scope if we were to go straight back down.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think it's called an increase for the top priced adult tickets in Zone E (assuming we go up) of 26.8% or for mere mortals like me and my Son in WSL (Zone D) of 26.46% - Is that financial fair play?

Not sure how that's anything to do with FFP.

I wouldn't bother mate, is there nothing [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] will not argue against. Seriously he need a bird and a job before he explodes. At least that would give him a reason to moan about the trains.

A post with no meaning. You weren't even quoting someone who was querying my point.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not ignored. Just I don't feel it's relevant. The club is a business and the business needs to make as much money as it can. In our case, to pay back our chairman who has personally invested sums that are hard to comprehend.

The fact the club will earn additional revenue from TV money irrelevant. The club has to make as much money as it can, where it can. And if we are in the Prem, then more games will be sold out, so the club can charge more and make a larger profit, or simply, maybe, a profit.....

An airline sells a ticket to New York for £500 in June. By July the price of fuel has fallen so it costs them less to run the flight. However, school holidays means there is demand so the price goes up, and the airline makes more money.

This is the same scenario. It's called capitalism and its great. If you don't think so, then you could always dab graffiti over your local Mc Donald's........

What a wonderful world you live in where £200m is irrelevant!

Don't need a lecture on supply and demand thanks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Drew ?

All you have done is moaned about a tiny increase in season ticket prices. The vast majority of fans are delighted with the club on this especially as we could go up. If you are really unhappy about the minimal increase you don't have to renew chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here