Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Japanese Grand Prix

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can't stand Hamilton. Tax dodging, big headed tosspot.

Guy gets a lot of bad press,but is on a par with Alonso as best driver.I wish people would cut him a bit more slack.And he's a biker :clap:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Guy gets a lot of bad press,but is on a par with Alonso as best driver.I wish people would cut him a bit more slack.And he's a biker :clap:

His place as one of the best two on the grid is under serious pressure from Verstappen, driver of the season so far by a long way. 19 years old ffs

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Can't stand Hamilton. Tax dodging, big headed tosspot.

Agreed, he has turned in to a spoilt super rich Wannabe gangster rapper. Walking out of a media session at the weekend, got too big for his boots, Merc need to 'manage' him with a size 9 German boot up his arse.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He invites bad press through a mix of the petulant to the downright bloody stupid with no hint of learning fron previous 'controversies' or hint of remorse when it might be called for.

Not sure how much slack he needs to be cut, from his antics this weekend I got the impression that he genuinely believes that the job of the press is to support him/big him up.

He invites bad press through a mix of the petulant to the downright bloody stupid with no hint of learning fron previous 'controversies' or hint of remorse when it might be called for.

Not sure how much slack he needs to be cut, from his antics this weekend I got the impression that he genuinely believes that the job of the press is to support him/big him up.

Yep, he pretty much took his ball home this weekend.

Total arsehat.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I presume thy have they scrapped the double-points nonsense for the last race?

For the Hamilton-haters - who do you want to see do well, as the only other Brits on the grid are in no-hope cars?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Appealing against that block by Verstappen is pathetic, that was a sensational race from the young Dutchman.

Louis has no one to blame for today but himself. The tension in the weigh-in room afterwards was tangible.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

For the Hamilton-haters - who do you want to see do well, as the only other Brits on the grid are in no-hope cars?

Can't answer that as I don't hate him, but I get why others do but think about this.
From a very early age he has been taken under the wing of his father and McClaren and bigged up as a future great racing driver and had the will to win at all costs drilled into him.
McClaren then plied him with untold riches and he entered into the world of F1.
Everything is done for him, more money than he will ever need and any chick he wants he would probably get.
He then sacks his Dad.
I think that underneath it all he is ok when you see him away from the track like Top Gear for example, but on the track he must perform to a high standard and he must win so when he doesn't or his machine lets him down then the toys are thrown.
It's because he is a winner. Other pros at the top of there game are the same, they detest losing and when they do its everybody else's fault, if they doubted there own ability then their confidence would take dive.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't answer that as I don't hate him, but I get why others do but think about this.
From a very early age he has been taken under the wing of his father and McClaren and bigged up as a future great racing driver and had the will to win at all costs drilled into him.
McClaren then plied him with untold riches and he entered into the world of F1.
Everything is done for him, more money than he will ever need and any chick he wants he would probably get.
He then sacks his Dad.
I think that underneath it all he is ok when you see him away from the track like Top Gear for example, but on the track he must perform to a high standard and he must win so when he doesn't or his machine lets him down then the toys are thrown.
It's because he is a winner. Other pros at the top of there game are the same, they detest losing and when they do its everybody else's fault, if they doubted there own ability then their confidence would take dive.
Agree. For me the problem with Lewis is that he's a geek who's never grown up. He tries to be hip and cool and fails miserably all the time. Money can't buy style encapsulated.

He reminds me of the kid at school who bought sweets for everyone else and was popular for a week or two until it turned out he was stealing off his grandma.

Great driver and I still want him to win cos he's British, but he's a prat.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Don't give a toss. It's a shìt sport full of egotistical, tax dodging wankers who all think they are the best thing ever. The sport is dull (like watching traffic) and is completely uncompetitive - both in the sense that only the two drivers in the best car ever have a chance, and in the sense that it is not exactly inclusive. Right up there with polo, it makes cricket seem positively egalitarian.

What annoys me more than anything is seeing F1 drivers win the BBC sports personality award. Whenever that happens, you know we've had an absolutely toilet sporting year.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Having had a day to reflect on Lewis's behaviour,I wonder if he's trying to finesse a move.Vetttel is hardly performing at Ferrari and would be the perfect fit at Mercedes for an all-German team.The Ferrari image might be better for Lewis,and I bet he'd finish higher than Seb.Still going to have a cheeky bet on Verstappen for World Champion next season-think the new cars will suit his style!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I quite like Rosberg so wouldn't mind him winning the Championship. However, I still remember him crashing his car deliberately at Monaco so that he would secure pole. Which is blatant cheating. Which I haven't quite forgiven him for yet.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

As I'm a Hamilton-hater the answer would have to be 'anyone other than him', though if you're looking for specific drivers then I'd put my ideal podium as Alonso, Button & Ricciardo.

Just because he happens to be British means nothing to me if I'm honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here