Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I know a few people who didn't vote as they didn't know what to vote for. You might accuse all the millions of people who didn't vote of being too lazy, but it's more a case of deliberately abstaining.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bloody hell mate. It's not a football match. Sounds like you BEAT the remainers and now have bragging rights over them.

That's been my issue since the result was confirmed - people like that somehow thinking they are in some way superior because they went with a small majority of others. Still, if it brings purpose to their days then who am I to take that away. Everything is temporary.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloody hell mate. It's not a football match. Sounds like you BEAT the remainers and now have bragging rights over them.

I went for Remain but could see other sides of the argument. I don't live in a town that has had been inundated with migrants. You may do.

Just out of interest what points of remaining, did you think "Oh they might have a point there?" ... or was it 100% leave. no good points?
I voted leave. I have no qualms about that.

I do have an issue with all the whinging and vitriol of the bad losers.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I know a few people who didn't vote as they didn't know what to vote for. You might accuse all the millions of people who didn't vote of being too lazy, but it's more a case of deliberately abstaining.

A percentage of people may not have had the opportunity to get to the polling station due to illness or work commitments being on holiday....I think the turnout would not be higher were there to magically be a 2nd referendum.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I voted leave. I have no qualms about that.

I do have an issue with all the whinging and vitriol of the bad losers.

or the gloating winners by the sound of things.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Even the pain and suffering and economic downturn after Brexit

Life
Death
Our seemingly good record of signing decent players.

I knew good things couldn't last after the 8th season of the US Office.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'UKIP leader Nigel Farage, who has campaigned for the UK to leave the EU throughout his political career, said in May that a narrow win for Remain could cause unstoppable demand for a rerun of the referendum

He said at the time that a result that saw Remain win by 52% to 48% would mean "unfinished business by a long way".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Perhaps you ought to examine the thousands of small and medium sized business owners, who are the life-blood of this country, who voted to leave. Just go and ask some of them why they voted as they did. These are the real wealth creators and have their finger on the pulse. They are educated, driven and positive. These are the people looking forward. These are the people that will keep this country on track. You won't hear doom and gloom from these people. Whilst all the hand-wringing and wailing and gnashing of teeth is going on, they are still employing millions of people and paying their taxes in the UK.
Politicians don't create wealth. They squander hard earned money. It amazes me that so many are prepared to put their faith in faceless bureaucrats, who are, first and foremost, paying themselves fortunes and looking after themselves. To trust the political elite in Brussels is misplaced and misguided faith.

Its a strange one, I'm a small business man, I own a cafe,so very small but i do get to discuss this with a variety of people, andcsince the fateful decision, my greengrocer has told me he vited out, and veg will climb in price next week,btw, one of my butchers have told me he vote remain, the other didnt vote, and two regular customers with their own business voted remain, so its nit all cut and dried.
T
I know this is anecdotal, but it is the truth

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Just to add some balance, I know of several remainers who are incensed by the result because, according to them, we won't be able to go on holiday in Europe any longer.

One of the tw*ts has just returned from a holiday in Dubai.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Perhaps you ought to examine the thousands of small and medium sized business owners, who are the life-blood of this country, who voted to leave. Just go and ask some of them why they voted as they did. These are the real wealth creators and have their finger on the pulse. They are educated, driven and positive. These are the people looking forward. These are the people that will keep this country on track. You won't hear doom and gloom from these people. Whilst all the hand-wringing and wailing and gnashing of teeth is going on, they are still employing millions of people and paying their taxes in the UK.

I am the person you've just described. I voted to remain, as did many other small business owners I know. How does that factor in to your logic?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just to add some balance, I know of several remainers who are incensed by the result because, according to them, we won't be able to go on holiday in Europe any longer.

One of the tw*ts has just returned from a holiday in Dubai.

No won sed leevfers had all the stoopidist peeple

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Be interesting to see how the Germans and French will cope with a new EU where I assume they will be the main contributors having to pick up the shortfall now there has been a Brexit

Please don't contribute sense to the debate-some of the more hysterical remain would never allow such things..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the 400 odd dedicated remainers in Parliament decide to act against the clear will of the British people, we could be leading to blood on the streets as democracy breaks down,

The Brussels loving Euro is fantastic remainers would like that, yes?

Well, to them it would probably be referable to democracy.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I went for Remain but could see other sides of the argument. I don't live in a town that has had been inundated with migrants. You may do.

Just out of interest what points of remaining, did you think "Oh they might have a point there?" ... or was it 100% leave. no good points?

I completely understand the disappointment and anger of some people who are frustrated the result didn't go their way.

BUT after a second day of seeing numerous abusive belittling threads and posts aimed at people who voted to leave (including this one) it's fair they should expect a response in kind.

Initially I did believe being part of a trade block was essential re global capitalism but the trouble is the EU is much more than a trading alliance. It has and is heading in a direction that undermines/diminishes the nation state. On the continent political Union is the declared goal with a Federal Superstate the ultimate destination which has caused economic and political instability .. these are indisputable facts.

A consistant theme of these debates has been the remain side scare tactics and abuse being deemed acceptable or ignored and any response in a similar fashion derided as OTT.

The UK population have made their decision, every vote equal, time to accept the democratic will of the people?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That's been my issue since the result was confirmed - people like that somehow thinking they are in some way superior because they went with a small majority of others. Still, if it brings purpose to their days then who am I to take that away. Everything is temporary.

Yeah right ... many of the remainers who deride the leave voters as uneducated, xenophobic, morons. Superiority complex is 99% on your side sunshine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here