Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Rubbish. In what reality do you think a campaign all about 'taking back control' /leaving the EU meant staying inside the internal /single market = continued ECJ primacy, continued Free movement etc?

:facepalm:

Pretty poor to say your interpretation of the referendum words “Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?” means we cannot have the same model as Norway or Switzerland who aren’t in the EU. Your revisionary view of the ballot and the desire to steamroller the country to your narrow Interpretation is a bit dictatorial

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Pretty poor to say your interpretation of the referendum words “Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?” means we cannot have the same model as Norway or Switzerland who aren’t in the EU. Your revisionary view of the ballot and the desire to steamroller the country to your narrow Interpretation is a bit dictatorial

Indeed. And anyone who doesn't agree with the dictatorial edict is an enemy of democracy. It's all a bit DDR but perhaps we should agree to disagree with JC.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This is unusual. You have responded to a post from me by replying to a post from someone else. I repeat my point though - it is not 'a load of crap' to suggest that there is a huge difference between being racially prejudiced and being arrested for a hate crime. I am surprised that anyone, even you and Pastafarian, should claim they are the same thing.

I responded to your post by saying you talk a load of crap :lol:.I added the bit about the EU being racist,as racism was the subject matter.To follow up that point,if the EU is racist for having borders,doesn't that make all you Europhiles racist by complicity?:lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I responded to your post by saying you talk a load of crap :lol:.I added the bit about the EU being racist,as racism was the subject matter.To follow up that point,if the EU is racist for having borders,doesn't that make all you Europhiles racist by complicity?:lolol:

Fine. You think that simply counting race hate crimes is an accurate way of assessing prejudicial attitudes across different parts of society. I am sorry, but that is utter baloney.

As far as it being racist to have borders, tell me where I said that and I will have a conversation with you.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Indeed. And anyone who doesn't agree with the dictatorial edict is an enemy of democracy. It's all a bit DDR but perhaps we should agree to disagree with JC.

JC is ok, it would be slanderous to say he is like Erich Honecker. As Erich ultimately learnt you can not impose your views on the population, you have to take them with you

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Macron excellent on Marr, answers questions directly and clearly in a second language. Why can't our pols do the same

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Perhaps he's more of a Walter Ulbricht figure, with rimless spectacles.

Nice look. Perhaps a better match is Egon Krenz, who was in power leading the communists and the country for about 6 weeks until people realised it was all crazy. Krenz still defends the old East Germany and maintains he has not changed his political views. They have a lot in common :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Nice look. Perhaps a better match is Egon Krenz, who was in power leading the communists and the country for about 6 weeks until people realised it was all crazy. Krenz still defends the old East Germany and maintains he has not changed his political views. They have a lot in common :lolol:

I always thought that Egon looked like a mass murdering car dealer. How well do you know old JC?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Macron excellent on Marr, answers questions directly and clearly in a second language. Why can't our pols do the same

I’ve just watched this. If Macron’s eloquence is anything to go by it’s no wonder the EU are owning David Davis.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

He's the sort of leader we can only dream of, and he's definitely taking advantage of Britain's faltering influence on the stage.

Interesting he admits France would vote for a Frexit given the choice, sensibly they won't be given the choice to a dumb binary question

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's the sort of leader we can only dream of, and he's definitely taking advantage of Britain's faltering influence on the stage.

Interesting he admits France would vote for a Frexit given the choice, sensibly they won't be given the choice to a dumb binary question

He made a good point about the referendum question being way too complex for a simple yes no. Agree, a youthful progressive and charismatic leader is something Britain can only dream of.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Because a vast majority of our politicians are in it for personal gain. spend 5-10 years in office, maybe a few in higher office if you're arse licking talents are good enough, then get out and use your contacts to ruthlessly exploit businesses as a consultant, then spend the rest of your life living like a lord. There are good politicians but most go about their business with relatitive anonymity, they are after all public servants.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because a vast majority of our politicians are in it for personal gain.

And parliament is full of a lot of old people with tired ideas and ways of thinking based on a world which has now passed. I feel the same about Brexit voters.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He made a good point about the referendum question being way too complex for a simple yes no.

he also said the French would probably vote the same way, to leave, on simple question. funny how the leaders know their people dont really want the full fat European project yet plough on regardless.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
he also said the French would probably vote the same way, to leave, on simple question. funny how the leaders know their people dont really want the full fat European project yet plough on regardless.

Yes there are losers failing to wake up to globalisation in France too

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You are omitting a lot out here. Given the simple question in the same flawed context as the UK he said probably. But then also suggested they would not have handled a referendum the same way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You are omitting a lot out here. Given the simple question in the same flawed context as the UK he said probably. But then also suggested they would not have handled a referendum the same way.

of course he wouldn't handle it the same, like not giving them a vote to start, you wouldn't if you thought you'd loose. fact is he acknowledges the French would reject the EU on a honest, simple in/out basis. and we know from 2005 they rejected the EU Constitution and the sort of further integration that advocated. if the leaders of the EU project accepted this, they might reign in the future plans, Cameron would have been given more than verbal assurances (they could have rattled out a treaty amendment if really took it serious) and we would not be here.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here