Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Place near the ground to drink?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION]transport on Twitter gives updates for the P&R sites on a matchday.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
What about if this was a midweek game and you need to catch connecting trains to go back to Sheffield? Not sure having a drink after the game is practical.
Only it's not a midweek game or I wouldn't have suggested it. If he is going home to Sheffield mid week then personally I would drive park at the bridge car park. Get a train to and from town. Leave from car park after the game. But it's isn't so irrelevant and you sir are a time waster.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Reading, Bolton, Millwall, Charlton, West Ham, Liverpool and Ricoh Arena are all as difficult to leave after the match as the Amex. Hillsborough was also a pain until the trams were started.

The Ricoh Arena is easy to leave now. No delays at all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only it's not a midweek game or I wouldn't have suggested it. If he is going home to Sheffield mid week then personally I would drive park at the bridge car park. Get a train to and from town. Leave from car park after the game. But it's isn't so irrelevant and you sir are a time waster.

Didn't go to Hillsborough last season as it was a midweek fixture and the last train to Cleethorpes departs from Meadowhall at 22.16

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Train after the game was chaos, either you have got used to it, or you like to be somewhere between a sheep and a sardine.

What is it with Wednesday fans and their humour? I nearly got crushed to death on the tram at your place once, it was terrifying.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What is it with Wednesday fans and their humour? I nearly got crushed to death on the tram at your place knee, it was terrifying.

Must have done the return journey from Hillsborough on the Supertram half a dozen times now and every time its been severely overcrowded.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Is there anywhere near the ground that A few other Wednesday fans and I can have a pre match drink with a few mates of mine who support Brighton. Going to drive to the park and ride then get dumped off at the ground, please don't mention anything to do with the train its a total nightmare!

My advice is to drive to Lewes. You can park there cheaply. Then the train to the ground is free with your ticket. You will be very welcome in the pubs there and there is no queue for the train. We usually leave the Landsdowne pub after 2:30 and always make it to our seats in time. Have a good away trip! Better to drink in Lewes than Brighton pre match.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My advice is to drive to Lewes. You can park there cheaply. Then the train to the ground is free with your ticket. You will be very welcome in the pubs there and there is no queue for the train. We usually leave the Landsdowne pub after 2:30 and always make it to our seats in time. Have a good away trip! Better to drink in Lewes than Brighton pre match.

1. Are kids allowed?

2. How much is a pint?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Better to drink in Lewes than Brighton pre match.

Depends if you want to feel like you are going to a championship football match or a village cricket friendly

Lewes good for beer and getting served etx but let's be honest it is a horribly middle class atmosphere before games and the most roudy it gets on the train is if someone farts .

Ok if you like that sort of thing I guess but for me pre match is singing , banter and a sing off on the train

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont understand all this about the trains I get the 2.07 from HH to Lewes then usually wait about 10 mins andget a train to Falmer arrives 2.35. I then have my beer in Brighton after the game rather than before. Will definitely not pay £4.20 for a beer at The Amex.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's not possible to get back to Sheffield after a midweek game, not even close.

What confuses me, is that this Wednesday :lolol: fan seems to be dead set on complaining about the Amex transport situation, yet seems completely ignorant of the fact that it takes LONGER to get to Sheffield station after a match at Hillsborough.
Yorkshire, ignorant, never.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here