Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep bank holiday gives me no excuse not to. I've heard it's 90 mins tonight. Surely some big character is going tonight but have no idea who it's going to be.
Official run-time is 79 mins 43 secs apparently.

Its going to be epic, I'm sure.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As Season Finales go that was a corker !!!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I've loved this series, it has moved really quickly at a breathtaking speed but it has been been cinemagraphic in its epicness. I would have loved to see it at the cinema in 4D.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
My previous criticisms remain. GoT has set the bar so high previously that I can't help but be extremely disappointed with this season, my least favourite of them all. The logic, subtlety and suspense has deteriorated to a large extent. Characters feel safe and all the plots have become obvious. The dialogue they have given to characters, which compared to previous seasons seems tedious, makes me care for them less. That said, as a Guardian writer puts it, "Game Of Thrones still goes wrong better than most TV shows succeed'. I hope they can do better in season 8 (potentially in 2 years!) to give a satisfying conclusion.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
*spoiler alert*

Glad to see Littlefinger finally get his comeuppance. It felt a bit rushed but with time running out there won't be much time for the secondary set of characters to get their stories concluded. As for the season as a whole, it was always going to be a season that set up the 'great war' for season 8. The pace seemed off, probably down to them cutting the episodes from 10 to 7 and as a result the characters weren't as fleshed out as in previous seasons. Season 7 had its moments but definitely one of the weaker of the series so far.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just caught up and watched the last one. The little finger moment was superb.

Have to say I've loved this series. Feels like a culmination of investment in a lot of good characters that are now all coming together.

I love it and can't find fault really. Only bit of the series I found a bit dull was the walking in the snow in the penultimate episode went on for about 100x longer than I felt was needed. Given other parts have felt a little rushed this was odd.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The ending sets the next series up nicely, only a shame we will have to wait for sometime before it reaches our screens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here