Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I can confirm what is democratic. Parliament discussed and voted on an amendment to hold a second referendum at the end of the Brexit process. It was defeated by a large majority. Why should the public and politicians keep on voting until they come up with the result you want simply because you are still having ongoing problems coping and adjusting to the reality that the country voted to Leave The EU.
The country just voted in an election and its collective judgement was that the government should have no clear mandate to pursue, among other things, the form of Brexit its leadership desires. Can we assume you are furious about reports that it intends to have another election soon in the hope that the verdict will be different?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The country just voted in an election and its collective judgement was that the government should have no clear mandate to pursue, among other things, the form of Brexit its leadership desires. Can we assume you are furious about reports that it intends to have another election soon in the hope that the verdict will be different?

Collective judgement also suggested over 80% support for parties committed to Brexit and leaving the Single market as you know.

What reports are these? The Tories are hoping they can avoid an election and can hang on till 2022.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Jan 30, 2008
"just voted in an election " :wozza:
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

This is your mistake time after time after time, The Gov is pursuing the form of Brexit that was voted for, OUT of being members of the single market, OUT of the customs union so we can pursue other trade avenues, OUT of The ECJ and END free movement, the gov is NOT pursuing a form of Brexit that it has invented itself, but i understand why you continually push this as some sort of truth. Its because you hard core remainers are lying weasels who will twist everything into a falsehood if you think there is a chance of overturning the democratic victory.
We can all see through your lies, its just funny you are all too dim to realise that you have been clocked.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
eu-%C2%A3250-miillion.png

As we know less EU is never an option so other member states will have to pick up the tab to fund the project... maybe a new EU-wide tax could be on the cards [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] they're coming for you.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The suggestion from the Impster was 'it' the government intends to have another election soon which it clearly doesn't.

All right, change 'intends' to 'may be forced'. I ask the underlying question again - would you be furious at the prospect of another election even if it resulted in a greater clarity of outcome? And similarly, did you regard Theresa May as an undemocratic loon when she announced in the Spring that she was going back to the public in the hope of getting a result more amenable to the prospect of a hard Brexit than the one delivered just a couple of years earlier?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
... you hard core remainers are lying weasels who will twist everything into a falsehood if you think there is a chance of overturning the democratic victory.
We can all see through your lies, its just funny you are all too dim to realise that you have been clocked.

I disagree with your basic premise but I'm not going to descend to your level to make my case. Have a lovely evening.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
All right, change 'intends' to 'may be forced'. I ask the underlying question again - would you be furious at the prospect of another election even if it resulted in a greater clarity of outcome? And similarly, did you regard Theresa May as an undemocratic loon when she announced in the Spring that she was going back to the public in the hope of getting a result more amenable to the prospect of a hard Brexit than the one delivered just a couple of years earlier?

You can re word it as many times as you like we both know your only goal is to reverse the referendum result before it can be enacted. Which is inherantly undemocratic and dangerous.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Which is inherantly undemocratic and dangerous.

Oh yes, that old chestnut. I haven't heard that one for a while. Has this wrath, that was undefined, but the like of which will never have been seen before in Britain, that will rise up in fury at the political establishment, been defined yet, or is it just going to be Nigel Farage shouting outside McDonalds in Cwmbran that The European Customs Union has failed us all?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh yes, that old chestnut. I haven't heard that one for a while. Has this wrath, that was undefined, but the like of which will never have been seen before in Britain, that will rise up in fury at the political establishment, been defined yet, or is it just going to be Nigel Farage shouting outside McDonalds in Cwmbran that The European Customs Union has failed us all?

Luckily there are just about enough grown up responsible politicians about to ensure it won't happen so hopefully you will never have to find out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here