Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I sincerely hope that we never see Albion line up with this starting front 6 again this season. Stephens and Propper don't score and there is a lack of pace.

It is not the end of the world - we have Izquierdo, Ali J, Bissouma, Andone and Locadia to come into this team but Chris has to change things away.
Unbelievable. How dare you criticise the manager! Outrageous.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
But it’s not ‘the worst possible start to the season’ ffs.

As far as the opening match goes, losing it is the worst possible outcome... or is my understanding of football in the UK wrong? Terrible performance, terrible result (thus far) = terrible start to the season.

Simple.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unbelievable some of the comments on here, it’s the first game of the season.....

It matters not whether its 1st 21st or 31st still 3 points at stake and a bad performance is the same for any game irrespective of when.The only pluses are that we have plenty of games left to pick up and Watford always start the season well and pick up their points early.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You jumping for joy then ? We’re 2 down and look like a L1 side at the moment , what do you expect ya clown

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very hard to be positive about anything we have seen today!

Are those the only options? Whinging as if we've been relegated two division before we've even finished the first match of a season, or jumping for joy with positivity?

No room for perspective? No room for being disappointed while understanding there's another 37 games to go and over the course of a 38 game season there are going to be bad performances? No room for 'yeah it's bad, but maybe it'll act as a wake up call to a team that might be assuming it's going to be easier than last season'.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
CH needs to ask some serious questions about the 'old guard'. I'm delighted we have AJ and Jose because AK and March shouldn't be near the team. But Murray too- of course he was great last year but he offers very little in games like this.
Still don't get the point of Locadia. Central midfield is, as always a problem too. Great when it's great but my god is can be bad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They look FAR fitter than us. Concerning. Who knew lumping it up to Murray on his own all game wouldn’t be that effective?

And no, I’m not all doom and gloom. I always thought we’d lose this game, but also think we’ll have a decent season.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What a disappointing start. Away game de ja vu from last season. I wonder if any other premier league team will kick off with such a small percentage of their new signings in the starting 11 this weekend. We're two down to an average Watford FFS why arent we getting Ali on the pitch ASAP?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here