Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You like putting words on my mouth don't you? Where did I say I was happy with the previous snapshot?

You could actually answer the question then ..... assuming you actually have an answer !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I’m sure those facing redundancy and hardship will be cheered by your “sense of humour”. Really rather an unpleasant indivual, aren’t you.

You might want to direct that comment to those on the remain side who take untold glee at the news of possible job loses if they can weakly blame Brexit. I would like them to face those who do lose jobs and laugh then

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I already did. But let me say it anoth we way: if you are going to inact the "will of the people" you should do that, not wait several years and then do it. If it takes that long you have to check it is still appropriate to do so. Otherwise it sets a precedent for some bad bad things.

But we all knew the process takes 2yrs. It's what they told us at the start. Were You asleep

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You might want to direct that comment to those on the remain side who take untold glee at the news of possible job loses if they can weakly blame Brexit. I would like them to face those who do lose jobs and laugh then

I don’t know what boards you’re looking at but nobody is doing that on here. Nobody I have seen anyway. Think you’re making it up to fit your narrative. Those who voted leave are responsible for that anyway, lest we forget.

I’d be very interested to see these posts of untold glee you refer to.

I’m more concerned at the number of leave voters who are revelling in the fact that May’s government has ****ed it up. They think it takes the blame away from them. Those that were so quick to defend the government, “they’re not giving their position away, it’s a poker game” etc are suspiciously too quick to shift the blame to May now. Snakes.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Remain-voting areas will be hardest-hit by Brexit, research shows

March 27, 2018
Remain-backing parts of Britain will pay the highest price for Brexit’s disruption of British trade, according to new research that said the average person could be £1,700 worse off outside the EU.

http://www.smf.co.uk/remain-voting-areas-brexit/

Interesting, I thought it would be the leave areas. Whitehall still says it will be. I guess none of us win.

And yet only a few weeks ago i watched a programme from leave hotspot Telford ( i think it was C4 News or Newsnight) because, as they said, leave areas will be worse hit than remain, 50% of those interviewed in the street regretted voting leave and would vote remain given the chance, the rest just would not admit their mistake.
So, I would not read too much into these stories, because just like our Government, they are making it up as they go along.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I already did. But let me say it anoth we way: if you are going to inact the "will of the people" you should do that, not wait several years and then do it. If it takes that long you have to check it is still appropriate to do so. Otherwise it sets a precedent for some bad bad things.

You are aware that the 2 years is because of an EU rule aren't you ? Or do you really think we should have just left without the 2 year negociation ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
They also said it was advisory but aparently we are to forget that part of it. Very much cake and eat it.

No - the government said they would enact the result. They said it BEFORE people voted.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If there was another referendum it would only happen for one reason.

If the government does not want to take responsibility for whichever of the three options left that it decides to go with. Doesn't matter what has happened or been said in the past :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Here you are looking forward to a confrontation between Brussels and one of the union's largest members. I am interested to know if you feel that these sorts of bust-ups will happen more often in future.

Not looking forward to it .. more recognising the numerous potential catastrophic problems that the drive to create a European superstate - ever closer union has delivered. Yes I think they will the as fundamental flaws in the EU project are unresolved and I can only see tensions increasing as the detachment between the political class and their pipe dreams and the voters prorities across Europe become more apparent.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If there was another referendum it would only happen for one reason.

If the government does not want to take responsibility for whichever of the three options left that it decides to go with. Doesn't matter what has happened or been said in the past :shrug:

Probably right there WO

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
At last some good news! Brexit will tackle British obesity crisis:

Britain would run out of food on this date next year if it cannot continue to easily import from the EU and elsewhere after Brexit, the National Farmers’ Union has warned.
Minette Batters, the NFU president, urged the government to put food security at the top of the political agenda after the prospect of a no-deal Brexit was talked up this week.
“The UK farming sector has the potential to be one of the most impacted sectors from a bad Brexit – a frictionless free trade deal with the EU and access to a reliable and competent workforce for farm businesses is critical to the future of the sector,” she said.
Batters’ warning comes a fortnight after the Brexit secretary, Dominic Raab, said Britain would have “adequate food supplies” after Brexit
. Guardian.

The simple solution here would be to pay crop harvesters a decent,living wage,stop cramming demoralised EU citizens 20 to caravan and paying them **** all,make it a worth while career,I’ve very little sympathy for the NFU when they’re basically saying “we’re going to lose a large slice of our slave labour because people who didn’t go to University had the temerity to take back control of their nation.”
The future is ours,
We’re on our way.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The only way to sort this now is to leave with no deal, crash out next March and let the chaos ensue. A couple of months of riots, food shortages and a right old mess then the question will never raise it's head again. Once the likes of Johnson, Gove, Banks and Mogg etc have been tried and jailed we will take the only deal on offer which will be adopt the Euro, be in the Schengen area and no more opt outs and things maybe able to recover in time.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The only way to sort this now is to leave with no deal, crash out next March and let the chaos ensue. A couple of months of riots, food shortages and a right old mess then the question will never raise it's head again. Once the likes of Johnson, Gove, Banks and Mogg etc have been tried and jailed we will take the only deal on offer which will be adopt the Euro, be in the Schengen area and no more opt outs and things maybe able to recover in time.

Comedy gold ... all the people who have you on ignore are really missing out :D

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

You forgot to mention planes falling out the sky and the bubonic plague returning to the streets of London the moment we leave. 4/10.

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

One of your best for a while.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The simple solution here would be to pay crop harvesters a decent,living wage,stop cramming demoralised EU citizens 20 to caravan and paying them **** all,make it a worth while career,I’ve very little sympathy for the NFU when they’re basically saying “we’re going to lose a large slice of our slave labour because people who didn’t go to University had the temerity to take back control of their nation.”
The future is ours,
We’re on our way.

There has been a problem with gang masters, cutting a huge chunk of the wage the farmers pay before passing it on to the workers, but the wages the farmers pay allows the best workers to hit about £180 a day. Hard graft though.
Do you think when Farage and co say we can be more competitive, they are thinking of paying higher wages for manual work?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Just ****ing do it or don't. The endless faffing about is what will kill everything. People will change their minds, nothing will get done right. Do it, or don't do it. What is happening is nothing short of embarresing.

Good grief .... try reading Article 50 rules. Regardless you've STILL not answered the question about how to measure peoples opinions without a referendum ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here