Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Cowell

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am proud to say I have never watched a second of any program he's been involved in, snd hopefully never will - the brainless dregs of television for the masses.

There's quite a large contradiction in your post, can you spot it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's basically WWE. Only less entertaining and more predictable.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I like this part of X factor. People that can't sing yet think they're brilliant. More entertaining than newsnight surely.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How can anybody take it seriously as a musical talent show when 2 of the judges are Scary Spice (talentless northern gobshite) and Cheryl Cole who when last on mimed her latest single because she cant sing a note live in tune.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
How can anybody take it seriously as a musical talent show when 2 of the judges are Scary Spice (talentless northern gobshite) and Cheryl Cole who when last on mimed her latest single because she cant sing a note live in tune.

...Plus two closet homosexuals...who don't fancy each other.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It serves a purpose as at least it allows smug and superior people to post derisory comments on social forums with an air of great superiority and greater worth so Simon Cowell has at least aided to people's self wellbeing

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It serves a purpose as at least it allows smug and superior people to post derisory comments on social forums with an air of great superiority and greater worth so Simon Cowell has at least aided to people's self wellbeing

You mean like that one?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe ?, I just don't get it. If you don't like it, don't watch it , it is quite simple really. Some people like it, let them get on with it

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe ?, I just don't get it. If you don't like it, don't watch it , it is quite simple really. Some people like it, let them get on with it

But in the same way, can't people be let to get on with complaining about it?

I prefer Rugby Union to football but it doesn't bother me when people on here hijack the threads by going on about egg-chasing or such stuff.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Simon Cowell produces programs that are harmful to Children and nitwits. They push pointless celebrity culture which is a rot.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Slightly OT, but Celebrity Big Brother is excellent TV, and if you can't see that then you don't know what entertainment is.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

It's really not as simple as that. The effects of X Factor and it's ill are far more insidious than that. I was amazed this week that at least three of the auditioning males were asked why they wanted to win and said it was so that they wouldn't have to 'try' to get women - this vacuous celebrity looks culture has created the idea that music is merely a route to easy sex with attractive women, and nothing to do with being creative, wanting to entertain people, or be good at what you do. How many of the Cheryl lovers that were shown for contractual reasons on Saturday mentioned anything about talent, they all loved Cheryl because she was 'hot'. Idiocy is breeding fast.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's really not as simple as that. The effects of X Factor and it's ill are far more insidious than that. I was amazed this week that at least three of the auditioning males were asked why they wanted to win and said it was so that they wouldn't have to 'try' to get women - this vacuous celebrity looks culture has created the idea that music is merely a route to easy sex with attractive women, and nothing to do with being creative, wanting to entertain people, or be good at what you do. How many of the Cheryl lovers that were shown for contractual reasons on Saturday mentioned anything about talent, they all loved Cheryl because she was 'hot'. Idiocy is breeding fast.

Agreed.
There seems to be this attitude that anyone can perform music irrespective of ability. The idea of an apprenticeship in a musical career is totally alien to most of them. It used to go roughly like this....
1) At mates houses listening to music and having a little practise strumming yourself.
2) Plucking up the courage to invest in an instrument and practising more seriously.
3) Selecting a ' front man ' who either had something about him or a bloody good voice.
4) Playing your first gig. At school or a mates party ( preferably with the mate in the band ) or down the pub or youth club etc.
5) Getting more regular work and getting recognised.
6) Getting a break. Being spotted. Cutting a record.
Timing....up to ten years.....Chances of long term success...5-10%
These programmes are indoctrinating kids and more importantly, seriously unintelligent parents, into thinking that instant fame and fortune are just around the corner. The panel of judges ( none of whom have any pedigree in performing ) heap praise on singers who wouldn't cut it down the local. The whole thing is just revoltingly shallow and naive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here