Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So from this we've learnt to basically dismiss your usual over-reactionary responses to new players/rumours as you admit yourself that your knowledge is very limited.

Good to know.

The point that kev is making is that they are a tin pot club in a league where no one has a chance of winning except 2 or 3 and the others make up the numbers. The club's ground has a 15000 capacity and average gates well below 10000. This league is similar to the Scottish Premiership. Ok, he may be good but please raise the bar a little or we will accept just anyone as long as they have a pair of boots with them

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
My Virgil van Dijk / Michael Dijk song is now my Danny Holla Suggestion.

To the tune of Windmill in Old Amsterdam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj40JtpqI0U

We once bought a player from near Amsterdam
His stock keeps on rising but that’s not surprising
We sing every morning how lucky we are
Danny Holla is a Dutch superstar
Danny Holla……………………………………..Where
There over there, there over there, right there
The Brighton boy with clogs on
Well I declare
That is Danny Holla over there, right there

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So how do you know their quality if you've never heard of them?

Look good luck to the lad, I really hope he does well. I'm just pissed right off that this isn't going to solve any of our problems. We need strikers and we need them fast. I be a bit pissed off this morning if we signed a left back, even though we need one badly. We are the only team in the league without a goal after two games, against two weak sides. We need goalscorers, not defensive midfielders. Crofts, Ince already fill that role and what does this say for Toko??? Have we since found out that he is actually not upto standard??? Wouldn't surprise me with Burke, probably signed him on the back of the same youtube clips, that everyone was creaming themselves about on here.....It's like Mike Bassett, the way this club is being run atm.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Surely if he was just a gamble and he was looking for a club we would only give him 1 year.The club must think he is decent to give him 3 years..........or dosn't it work like that?

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
The point that kev is making is that they are a tin pot club in a league where no one has a chance of winning except 2 or 3 and the others make up the numbers. The club's ground has a 15000 capacity and average gates well below 10000. This league is similar to the Scottish Premiership. Ok, he may be good but please raise the bar a little or we will accept just anyone as long as they have a pair of boots with them

The general quality of the Eredivisie is MILES above the Scottish League. No idea yet whether or not Holla will be any good as I've not seen him play, but his pedigree is superior to that of a midfielder from, say, Kilmarnock.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So, you admit you're wrong but are still moaning. Great! You do know that Virgil Van Dijk came from a "tinpot" team in that division, as did the winger Kostic that we were supposedly in for a few weeks ago.

I really don't understand the mentality on here. Moan about no signings and then we sign someone and people moan about that too. At least watch him before writing him off.

But we didn't get them did we???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Look good luck to the lad, I really hope he does well. I'm just pissed right off that this isn't going to solve any of our problems. We need strikers and we need them fast. I be a bit pissed off this morning if we signed a left back, even though we need one badly. We are the only team in the league without a goal after two games, against two weak sides. We need goalscorers, not defensive midfielders. Crofts, Ince already fill that role and what does this say for Toko??? Have we since found out that he is actually not upto standard??? Wouldn't surprise me with Burke, probably signed him on the back of the same youtube clips, that everyone was creaming themselves about on here.....It's like Mike Bassett, the way this club is being run atm.

Just proving once and for all that the club will do nothing right in your eyes.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The general quality of the Eredivisie is MILES above the Scottish League. No idea yet whether or not Holla will be any good as I've not seen him play, but his pedigree is superior to that of a midfielder from, say, Kilmarnock.

I bow to your superior knowledge

Dec 29, 2011

Similar to La Liga then? A lot of players in La Liga would walk into our team. Infact Ulloa came from the division below La Liga and was still our best player.

Not similar to the Scottish Prem in the slightest. Eredivisie is ranked about 8th in Europe, while the Scottish Prem is ranked about 18th in Europe.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

I take it you wouldn't have been happy with Clayton then? What ON EARTH does the club's ground capacity or gates have to do with his talent? This is quite literally BONKERS.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yeah they did, my mistake I just wrongly assumed that Den Haag, were just some tin pot, make up the numbers side, in a league that has probably had 3/4 different winners in the last 40 years....I've never even heard of them and if people are honest, I bet 90% of people on here haven't heard of them either.

I suspect that most Dutch people had never heard of Brighton and we have spent the majority of time in lower divisions. Does the mean we have never had any decent players. Why don't people just see how he plays before writing him off.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
As a précis of all the other posts, and a sentiment I wholly agree with, Albion DESPERATELY need a more reliable, creative midfield. We were blessed with an outstanding defensive unit and target man last year; in contrast, our midfield was impotent and inconsistent. Our goal scoring return from the support players (Crofts excepted) was woeful. This just adds further pressure on the likes of CMS and now COG, who are already feasting on a few titbits from their teammates around them. The club has perhaps shown too much patience in this area of weakness. Currently, neither JFC, KLL, Ince, Agustien, an unproven Toko, or even March has proved to be worthy of a regular starting place. Add this to last year's personnel, Orlandi, Lopez, Buckley, Andrews, and it's no surprise we spluttered and wheezed through the season.
A fit Stephen and Crofts, yes, that's better, but it still leaves gaps in vital areas. Bringing in Tex and Holla could add some teeth and guile in the centre because without added strength here, it's hard to see any progression.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am pleased that we have signed another player how good he turns out to be remains to be seen but could his signjng make the selling of March and Lua Lua more likely and perhaps pave the way for those sales to raise more money for FFP.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
As a précis of all the other posts, and a sentiment I wholly agree with, Albion DESPERATELY need a more reliable, creative midfield. We were blessed with an outstanding defensive unit and target man last year; in contrast, our midfield was impotent and inconsistent. Our goal scoring return from the support players (Crofts excepted) was woeful. This just adds further pressure on the likes of CMS and now COG, who are already feasting on a few titbits from their teammates around them. The club has perhaps shown too much patience in this area of weakness. Currently, neither JFC, KLL, Ince, Agustien, an unproven Toko, or even March has proved to be worthy of a regular starting place. Add this to last year's personnel, Orlandi, Lopez, Buckley, Andrews, and it's no surprise we spluttered and wheezed through the season.
A fit Stephen and Crofts, yes, that's better, but it still leaves gaps in vital areas. Bringing in Tex and Holla could add some teeth and guile in the centre because without added strength here, it's hard to see any progression.

This is spot on

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
14 goals in 54 appearances from midfield at his last club.
A frackin good return for a middie

I initially thought this was a bizarre signing in the holding role but looking at his record of 54 apps and 14 goals for his last club could this actually be our Clayton? He only scored 11 in 80 odd appearances. Don't write the chap off just yet.
Will reserve judgement.
The German article hints at good things.
We all know players in the English leagues are generally transfered at inflated prices, so its hardly a surprise we are looking to Europe. We also have a relatively good record of doing that in recent years.

We still need much more though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here