Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby home crowd/tickets sold/seats remaining thread [Merged]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are the ones sold from the van at the station then updated into a computer? Or is it more likely they've taken a block if 300 for example and have marked them all up as sold? Ie there could be even more to sell than the system is showing?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Are the ones sold from the van at the station then updated into a computer? Or is it more likely they've taken a block if 300 for example and have marked them all up as sold? Ie there could be even more to sell than the system is showing?

One would hope in this super hi tech world
Of 4G and mobile tinterweb that they just work off DONGLES for a real time computermabob update type
Scenario.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Seriously? £30+ per ticket and people aren't going to turn up because of a bit of light rain? Jheeeez. I remember sitting at Withdean against Millwall I think we won 4-1, literally the wettest a human could possibly be I was that day.

I will take your Millwall at Withdean and raise you Carlisle on (IIRC) New Years day 2006. I think I'm still damp from that game.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Seriously? £30+ per ticket and people aren't going to turn up because of a bit of light rain? Jheeeez. I remember sitting at Withdean against Millwall I think we won 4-1, literally the wettest a human could possibly be I was that day.

I think you will find that was Carlisle United - 30th December 2006

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One would hope in this super hi tech world
Of 4G and mobile tinterweb that they just work off DONGLES for a real time computermabob update type
Scenario.

Cracking use of the word 'DONGLE' ! :thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think you will find that was Carlisle United - 30th December 2006

i had a mobile phone liteally give out a puff of smoke at a home game against derby

keyy mayo scored but i was wetter than fish's wet bits

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There's been a big run on tickets this afternoon - 1470 remaining.

Anyone undecided at this point will obviously get one if they want but assuming a capacity of 30,500 after segregation, we're already at just over 29,000. I'd assume they'll sell 2-300 so the gate will be about 1,000 under capacity.

What is interesting is the NW shelf (which is where I'll be). There was a TON of space in there until this afternoon, and now there are just the 25 seats left across two blocks. Why? I assume they've given 100 tickets away to local schools?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Anyone undecided at this point will obviously get one if they want but assuming a capacity of 30,500 after segregation, we're already at just over 29,000. I'd assume they'll sell 2-300 so the gate will be about 1,000 under capacity.

What is interesting is the NW shelf (which is where I'll be). There was a TON of space in there until this afternoon, and now there are just the 25 seats left across two blocks. Why? I assume they've given 100 tickets away to local schools?

Better to give them away to schools and have bums on seats then an empty (or near empty) block.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

?

So where did that number come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here