Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is your favourite “Big Six” team?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In anticipation of the Sky Sports nazis sooner or later outlawing the support of any other PL team than the Holy Six, I’ve been mulling over which team I would choose. My order of preference would be:

Spurs - localish, rather fond of Harry, and least poncy of the London clubs
Liverpool - entertaining, in love with Mo Salah, and big history
Man City - undeniably very good at playing football, Kev’s amazing, but just a bit dull in their predictable brilliance
Man Utd - yawn
Arsenal - stupid flags and poncy twats
Chelsea - twatish

How about the rest of you?

(Note I resisted the urge to post a poll, but if public demand is there....)

Spurs- cheats 1978 end of

Liverpool- wheel caps

Man City- OK

Man Utd- slimy 'orrible supporters

Arsenal- the first plastic club move back to Woolwich

Chelsea- Plastic where were you when you were worth a £1

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You beat me to it. I edited my post above. There is a huge difference between hoping one team beats another on a given day and actually liking another team.
Yes, but I still think you can like some teams more than others without ever losing your loyalty to your own club. For instance, if the Cup Final was between Liverpool and any other of the big six, I'd want Liverpool to win (I've got happy memories of student days living in Liverpool and standing on the Kop in the days of Shankly, Keegan and the Flying Pig) but Brighton vs. Liverpool - no contest where my loyalties lie.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, but I still think you can like some teams more than others without ever losing your loyalty to your own club. For instance, if the Cup Final was between Liverpool and any other of the big six, I'd want Liverpool to win (I've got happy memories of student days living in Liverpool and standing on the Kop in the days of Shankly, Keegan and the Flying Pig) but Brighton vs. Liverpool - no contest where my loyalties lie.

Wipe those memories

You can only ONLY have 1 team

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Prior to this season I rarely watched the Premier League, nor showed any real interest in what was happening in the table. Should we get relegated at any stage I will return to being blissfully ignorant of who is where in the PL pecking order. Having said that, prior to being taken to my first ever Brighton match at the age of 7 by my dad, I had a bit of soft spot for Spurs, mainly because I liked the club crest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wipe those memories

You can only ONLY have 1 team

I have only ONE team, thank you - and I've no desire to erase happy memories rom my youth, and it's rather preposterous for anyone to expect me to. I do quite like some other teams a little bit more than others, certainly, but not enough to support them, or rate them anywhere near my beloved Albion.

I have only one lady friend, but I do still consider some others to be quite attractive too. That doesn't stop me being loyal to the one.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I’m inclined to say Liverpool only because this season I’ve enjoyed their attacking style and reckon Salah is the best player to watch in the whole league. The fact they’re always inches from catastrophe probably adds to the fun. BUT the second the camera points at Klopp I get the urge to kill people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Brentford coz of the pubs on each corner

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Spurs. 2 reasons. They give a shit about bringing through young English players, and aren't owned by foreign oligarchs/oil states/US asset strippers. They are also decent to watch and my brother supports them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Some of the answers in this thread made me cringe.

I love watching Liverpool attack, it's so fast and brutal, Spurs developing a lot of English talent is a huge plus and when Alli, Kane and co are on form they're great to watch. City are unreal, amazing team, amazing manager. I just couldn't imagine being so narrow minded and unable to admire some of the best in the world doing what they do. I bloody hate it when they do it against us but I enjoy a good game of football. I feel sorry for you people who refuse to look past the AMEX at other people who kick a ball about.

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
I have only been following EPL for a few years.. ended up going to a Spurs game on a business trip to London a few years back, so they were my first team, then got sucked into Leicester's miracle run, and then finally discovered Brighton when they were promoted last year. So yeah, long time fan over here!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Hate Arsenal cry babies
Hate Man U plastics
Hate Chelsea big time Charlie's
Would like City if they hadn't bought success
Quite like Spurs
Liverpool are great to watch and have great fans

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I despise them in equal measure for the arrogance and elitism that they have introduced to the game. The attitude that they have been put on this earth to dominate and the rest make up the numbers. The divisive nature of their activities. I curl up laughing when they lose to a ' lesser ' team and hear the comments...." we shouldn't be losing to.....( insert any one of 86 clubs ) "
Its a them and us scenario. They look down on us like something the cat has dragged in. No respect. Cannot be bothered to study football outside their narrow parameters, as it doesn't matter. Like a sort of irrelevance they could do without.
So none of them for me.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yeah makes sense when there is some sort of geographical reason but I think the point here is that it can be any team and the fact that Liverpool are one of the big six is co-incidental in your example. I have similar feelings about Darlington.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Liverpool for me. I have a big soft spot for them and would like to see them win another league title.

This of course pails into insignificance compared to my love for Brighton.

When i watch match of the day with my boy he insists on me answering the question 'Who do you want to win?' so over the last few years i have become acutely aware of my feelings for most of the clubs in the Premier League. This season has been a game changer though as all of my choices are based on what is best for Brighton's survival chances.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here