Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Java Plugin - Virus Alert

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
For some reason viruses often get associated with Java - I downloaded an update once and it gave me a Trojan virus - Really annoying as all it did was just keep shutting down my lap top, I had to re-boot my entire system to get rid.

I stay well away from Java updates now, even though my pc is always trying to get me to download them - Which incidentally I don't know how to stop!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Just got a very legit-looking Chrome "video player out of date" re-direct. (www.youradexchange.com) Sorry, didn't get a screenshot.

Win 8.1
Chrome 36.0.1985.143 m

This happened about 5 minutes ago on the "Where has the £15M gone" thread , using Chrome. I did a hasty Alt and F4 to close down the browser.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This happened about 5 minutes ago on the "Where has the £15M gone" thread , using Chrome. I did a hasty Alt and F4 to close down the browser.

I briefly re-activated the top ad unit and that seemed to cause it again - although I've not seen it once myself. This is annoying.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I.E 11 Got Virus (Java) at 19.08

Pressed ctrl alt del then end task, reopened ie no message this time.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Just got an update firefox message but I'm running Chrome.
Hit "back" and no return. At least I can get out of it that way without having to CTRL ALT DEL

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just got the "invite" to update again (Chrome).

Edit: I was on the Bennett thread.

Last edited:

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
Just got the same page that Pasty showed yesterday - "video player out of date" re-direct. It came up at the Big Board page which is my internet home page - also using Chrome.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can you post on this thread the URLs you are being redirected to please. Copy and paste from your browser address bar.

I've raised this with Google but no response yet...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Just got one I've not seen before. Was viewing "Singers you don't like" thread.

nsc2.png

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Just had another pop up, not Java plugin this time. Was a Windows driver pop up.

Hadnt seen your post [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] about posting the links so didnt grap it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just popped up here too. Spybot failed to grab it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here