Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff v Wolves Championship SHOOT out on SKY

Jimmy Grimble

Warnock essentially refusing to accept his apology. What a prat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ah yeah, if you're into winter sports, BC has some of the world's best skiing for sure.
I'm more of a fat cat sprawled on a porch taking in the sunshine.

I love the summers here though, spectacular hiking, pretty decent beaches.
Just a shame about the locals. :lol:

I've skied Alberta, but never Whistler or the other lesser known resorts further from the coast. Would be lovely to visit BC one day, even if's summertime.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Warnock essentially refusing to accept his apology. What a prat.

Even Cardiff fan Gabbidon thought "that was out of order" by Warnock.

The arrogance of Warnock to talk pompously about good manners in this country. Other than the retched handshake each game, he's been routinely rude, aggressive and bitter to all and sundry over the years.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Are you up that way?

I've stopped off there a couple of times on the Greyhound on the way to Banff.
I'm way too scared of bears to spend much time outside of the city unless I'm kitted up to Rambo levels.

The missus is from there (well Quesnel originally) so I split my time between here and there. Kamloops is certainly the sticks but I haven't seen any bears... I did see one in Vernon...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've skied Alberta, but never Whistler or the other lesser known resorts further from the coast. Would be lovely to visit BC one day, even if's summertime.

Did yo do Sunshine/Lake Louise?
I did a few days on Sunshine last winter, I thought it was great, until I went up Whistler this winter. Incredible mountain!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did yo do Sunshine/Lake Louise?
I did a few days on Sunshine last winter, I thought it was great, until I went up Whistler this winter. Incredible mountain!

Yes, pre having kids! Stayed in Chateau Lake Louise (we found a bargain package) and skiied the 3 of Norquay, Lake Louise and Banff. Amazing scenery. I walked across the frozen Lake Louise on my own, but worried about pressure cracks, and so headed to the forest at the side.

What age group of the locals in particular do you not warm too?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yes, pre having kids! Stayed in Chateau Lake Louise (we found a bargain package) and skiied the 3 of Norquay, Lake Louise and Banff. Amazing scenery. I walked across the frozen Lake Louise on my own, but worried about pressure cracks, and so headed to the forest at the side.

What age group of the locals in particular do you not warm too?

Ah I regret not seeing Lake Louise. I'll get there one day, if just to play hockey on the ice!

The majority of people I mix with are late 20's - early 40's migrants, mostly French, they're decent enough, believe it or not.
I play football with a mix of Canadians of all ages, and a few age 50+ Brits (who are a really good laugh).

It's the Canadians up to about 40 odd that irk me.
There's a real Pacific Coast/California/Fake 'personality' trait amongst many younger Vancouverites. Spoilt, entitled, snobby, holier-than-thou, zen, yoga blah blah blah.

But the WORST of it, no one has a sense of humour.
Everything is absolutely literal.
Common sense does not exist.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ah I regret not seeing Lake Louise. I'll get there one day, if just to play hockey on the ice!

The majority of people I mix with are late 20's - early 40's migrants, mostly French, they're decent enough, believe it or not.
I play football with a mix of Canadians of all ages, and a few age 50+ Brits (who are a really good laugh).

It's the Canadians up to about 40 odd that irk me.
There's a real Pacific Coast/California/Fake 'personality' trait amongst many younger Vancouverites. Spoilt, entitled, snobby, holier-than-thou, zen, yoga blah blah blah.

But the WORST of it, no one has a sense of humour.
Everything is absolutely literal.
Common sense does not exist.

I would struggle with that last bit. I love the sarcastic/ironic British, silly sense of humour.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Warnock has embarrassed himself tonight, genuinely, without even knowing it. Thats what makes him a complete and utter warnock.

His utter lack of self-awareness at his own touchline histrionics is astonishing. So Nuno went SPACKO at 2 injury time pens being splashed - seriously, who can blame him in that situation ? For old nanny Warnock to draw her handbag up to her chin and declare it "disgraceful behaviour" and wave him away with a few "fvkc offs"...seriously ?

He's hilarious. But in a "mate...you're a joke" type hilarious. Even having grown accustomed to Chris's outrageous touchline antics, I'd have been CRINGING at Neil tonight.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Colin... britney2007melt.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Warnock has embarrassed himself tonight, genuinely, without even knowing it. Thats what makes him a complete and utter warnock.

His utter lack of self-awareness at his own touchline histrionics is astonishing. So Nuno went SPACKO at 2 injury time pens being splashed - seriously, who can blame him in that situation ? For old nanny Warnock to draw her handbag up to her chin and declare it "disgraceful behaviour" and wave him away with a few "fvkc offs"...seriously ?

He's hilarious. But in a "mate...you're a joke" type hilarious. Even having grown accustomed to Chris's outrageous touchline antics, I'd have been CRINGING at Neil tonight.

Warnock is an arrogant hypocrite. Writing the 'rules' as he sees them as he goes along.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Surely it was more of a shoot out between who is the bigger CJTC, Colin or Dean?!

Warnock made himself look like the twunt we all know he is last night and the way Dean awarded the second penalty just summed the attention seeking cretin up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely it was more of a shoot out between who is the bigger CJTC, Colin or Dean?!

Warnock made himself look like the twunt we all know he is last night and the way Dean awarded the second penalty just summed the attention seeking cretin up.

Dean's grandstanding was cringeworthy. I'm surprised the commentators never pick up on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here