Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russia at it again ? Litvenenko #2 ?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would personally support a full England team boycott of the World Cup .... not so much for this, but for their role in Syria over the last few years. Absolutely no chance of the government taking any meaningful action though

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would personally support a full England team boycott of the World Cup .... not so much for this, but for their role in Syria over the last few years. Absolutely no chance of the government taking any meaningful action though

What's our punishment for the role we played in Iraq and ignoring the UN? Unfortunately Blair and Bush set the precedent for the world we live in today. If we are going to ignore the UN why would any other state take any notice them? ISIS and Jihad in Syria was born in Iraq, and what the Sunni's lost in Iraq they tried to gain in Syria, ironically with the West's backing some of the factions involved.

If we don't hold our own war criminals accountable it sets a very low benchmark for the moral high ground especially including on our current involvment with Saudi in Yemen.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Nothing to see here. Apparently they were taken ill after eating in Zizzis. You should have seen the state of my pan after the hot Calzone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

If you knew anything about Syria then you would know that Russia's involvement in Syria is what the UK and the Americans should have done years ago and backed Assad. Instead we supported banned jihadist groups and made it far worse.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As pleasant as it was to read this wonderful and at times fantastical thread (yes McMafia was mentioned even though that is about gang warfare) can I remind everyone that a British Police officer is in a coma for doing nothing more than being a first responder !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We should boycott all events held in Russia and sever all diplomatic links with immediate effect.

The whole yard is a corrupt, and suspect hostile power that projects its sinister power with impunity. If the reports are true then they have exposed a British police officer to a deadly weapon of war with a staggering nonchalance. Their sportsmen and women are pumped full of steroids and they try to humiliate all the other countries they see as competitors with tedious regularity.

I wonder how many teams due to play Russia at the WC will develop mystery ailments or strange accidents? It just is not worth the risk to our fans and players...especially when there are rabid gangs of nazi football hooligans waiting for our supporters.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We should boycott all events held in Russia and sever all diplomatic links with immediate effect.

The whole yard is a corrupt, and suspect hostile power that projects its sinister power with impunity. If the reports are true then they have exposed a British police officer to a deadly weapon of war with a staggering nonchalance. Their sportsmen and women are pumped full of steroids and they try to humiliate all the other countries they see as competitors with tedious regularity.

I wonder how many teams due to play Russia at the WC will develop mystery ailments or strange accidents? It just is not worth the risk to our fans and players...especially when there are rabid gangs of nazi football hooligans waiting for our supporters.

Lots of the thugs are state security types and reservists who want to keep their eye in when it comes to mindless thuggery.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bumping off state enemies on foreign soil is one thing, we do it all the time and nobody bats an eye-lid, but the use of materials which could impact on ordinary, innocent British citizens (such as the policeman but potentially dozens of others in the wrong circumstances) has to be a red line. If you want to bump someone off, what's wrong with the old "bullet in the back of the head" routine?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If you knew anything about Syria then you would know that Russia's involvement in Syria is what the UK and the Americans should have done years ago and backed Assad. Instead we supported banned jihadist groups and made it far worse.

Not sure about that. Supporting the jihadists is and was wrong, that does not mean supporting Assad is right though. Religious oppression or political oppression either way the Syrian people are being treated terribly by people backed by others from outside their country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Perhaps Boris should consider confiscating all the assets held by the Russians in this country including all the properties of theirs ???

With Brexit we ain't in a great place for throwing our weight around against Russia, it exposes our declining influence on the world stage

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
With Brexit we ain't in a great place for throwing our weight around against Russia, it exposes our declining influence on the world stage

Which is why Russia helped Leave win the referendum.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What's our punishment for the role we played in Iraq and ignoring the UN? Unfortunately Blair and Bush set the precedent for the world we live in today. If we are going to ignore the UN why would any other state take any notice them? ISIS and Jihad in Syria was born in Iraq, and what the Sunni's lost in Iraq they tried to gain in Syria, ironically with the West's backing some of the factions involved.

If we don't hold our own war criminals accountable it sets a very low benchmark for the moral high ground especially including on our current involvment with Saudi in Yemen.

Oh fxxk me, here we go with another 'we must beat ourselves as we are the creator of all evils' theories. What about Hitler, what about the Japanese slaughtering millions of Chinese pre WW2, what about the Roman enslavement of half of the known world two thousand years ago? No, it is our fault, we British, Tony Blair to be exact, in fact he is to blame for slavery in the 18/19th centuries and we should all pay more tax to make up for it!

Oh do shut up. People do things for what THEY believe are the right reasons, if you don't like it then go do something different. Until you are as successful and influential as they are, your opinion is worth jack.

Anyway, 8.30pm and still 25 degrees, another Chardonnay I think :lol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oh fxxk me, here we go with another 'we must beat ourselves as we are the creator of all evils' theories. What about Hitler, what about the Japanese slaughtering millions of Chinese pre WW2, what about the Roman enslavement of half of the known world two thousand years ago? No, it is our fault, we British, Tony Blair to be exact, in fact he is to blame for slavery in the 18/19th centuries and we should all pay more tax to make up for it!

Oh do shut up. People do things for what THEY believe are the right reasons, if you don't like it then go do something different. Until you are as successful and influential as they are, your opinion is worth jack.

What a load of nonsense. I am talking about the world TODAY and the hypocrites who cannot see the wood from the trees.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

I think you've had one too many :lolol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Fix¥ the WC.
I’d support not going, it would be far more effective than bringing our ambassador home.
Just how many ppl could have been killed fgs?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here