Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Boris's Latest Distraction Wheeze : A Bridge across the Channel ?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
A 2nd Channel Tunnel? Or is it a bridge?

May has promised yet another 40+M to help protect the French defences against illegal immigrants, why on earth would we want to increase the problem further?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A 2nd Channel Tunnel? Or is it a bridge?

May has promised yet another 40+M to help protect the French defences against illegal immigrants, why on earth would we ant to increase the problem further?

So we can give them another £40m and the French will then loan us The Mona Lisa on top of The Bayeux Tapestry?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the only way something like this could be built is if the country doing it was China or Russia.... If they had the equivalent problem and had to bridge 21 miles of sea it would just get done. I could see Putin organising it no problem " I want a bridge, it will be built on time and in budget "... over here it would be kicked around for about 10 years with thousands of man hours wasted in designs and inquiries and millions of pounds wasted before we gave up.... besides we needed Carillion for this ?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
vegster,

Maybe this is mad Boris's idea to save Carillion at the 11th hour?

Can you imagine if they won the contract! punk:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not sure a bridge is a great idea. Maybe someone ought to build a tunnel to France instead?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
vegster,

Maybe this is mad Boris's idea to save Carillion at the 11th hour?

Can you imagine if they won the contract! punk:

I can see his thinking... plenty of workmen now skint and willing to take £50 a day for labouring.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is this what he's planning on using the £350m a week for now?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
BBC going big on Boris's latest idea of a bridge built to France. We can't seem to build a by-pass round Worthing or get HS2 moving so how the hell will we do this when the country is allegedly skint ? Boris has form for grand ideas that cost a packet and don't get made, see The Garden Bridge and Boris Island for examples, what a pillock.

Aren't we trying to burn them atm?

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
Really? :facepalm:

Assuming you are not being ironic, how do you think they cope when one tunnel is closed for maintenance?

Not sure whose head should be in hands as AT ANY GIVEN only one tunnel is in use for travel to France, No?

I don't think Boris is interested in whether technically another tunnell can be used but more the capacity that is typically available.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
BBC going big on Boris's latest idea of a bridge built to France. We can't seem to build a by-pass round Worthing or get HS2 moving so how the hell will we do this when the country is allegedly skint ? Boris has form for grand ideas that cost a packet and don't get made, see The Garden Bridge and Boris Island for examples, what a pillock.

Hang on, let's not be too harsh, this is the man who gave us 'Boris bikes' you know?

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
From Facebook...

26734520_1799898240033350_4442809046899395275_n.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure whose head should be in hands as AT ANY GIVEN only one tunnel is in use for travel to France, No?

No. The northbound and southbound run simultaneously, in exactly the same way, the trains to London and back to Brighton do.
When there is maintenance, the trains will only run one an hour, and the points changed.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
A Garden Bridge across the Channel would be great. Joanna Lumley could do the official opening.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley with 'them' driving on the wrong side of the road, it'll just look like this:-

article-2412099-1BA2BB68000005DC-971_964x651.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hang on, let's not be too harsh, this is the man who gave us 'Boris bikes' you know?

And spends a small fortune on taxi's on expenses.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A Garden Bridge across the Channel would be great. Joanna Lumley could do the official opening.

Excellent ! the French can provide the Champagne and we'll do sausage rolls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here